SOOKE REPORTS spring/summer 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice fish boys. I think its my turn tomorrow. Will be on the water early in the AM till about noon. Radio me on 68 if you want. FishFlyGuy! Thats me.

-Steve

You are right he is from sask!!!!!!!
And yes Trev it is a 3rd rigger on the boat but got to get a bracket made to make it go straight out the back only been playing with it, on the derby we stacked.. LOL

Blue Wolf Charters
www.bluewolfcharters.com

quote:Originally posted by wolf

Here a pic of the salmon nice to finally get something as we all know its been a tough month....

SOOKEsalmon2010004.jpg

it can only get better we hope!!!!

Good luck Wolf

Blue Wolf Charters
www.bluewolfcharters.com

Wish DFO could 'get it'...this is what its all about - look at the smile on his face! What better way to promote our province and bring money into the local economy! But alas, they....just....don't......

Yes he will remember that for a very long time its been a while since hes been out they dont get big fish like that in sask. LOL LOL
This is the guy who takes me in when I go for whitetail in the hunting season.

wolf

Blue Wolf Charters
www.bluewolfcharters.com

Common Justin you gotta bring "Dave" and the blue flasher to make those fish bite:D Ken called;)

Pass the Pack

Nice fish. 3000 posts; way to go. Like many on here, I am a more successful fisherman now thanks to you and the knowledge you share. Rolling a decent anchovy, spots up north, how not to die anchoring, boat maintenance and many more.

Any reports from this wonderfull windy morning? Will be out there tomorrow in the AM giving it a go. Tied all new tackle and leaders lastnight. Time to hit it hard!

-Steve

We lost a big one to a seal today but that was it for us. Saw a 42 hanging on the hook at Sooke Marina and heard of a 38 as well today.

I put in a few hours after I managed to get my arse off the couch from the large quantity of liquid courage consumed lastnight. Not a freaking thing. fished the bedfords. Saw loads of fish at the dock and cleaning station and rumors of numerous fish in the 30's today. Hope to get back out mid week if work lets me!

What are some of your guys favorite spoons to troll?

-Steve

No clients today so I ran out for a quick trip, one guy landing a mid 20's as soon as I got to Posison. I made a couple passes and picked up one 22 that was wearing a fin so packed her up and ran for home. Didn't want to kill another wild looking for a slot hatchery. All cleaned up and ready for the BBQ before 10am. 80' on the rigger, chrom and blue Davies head.

quote:Originally posted by Betty Boop

No clients today so I ran out for a quick trip, one guy landing a mid 20's as soon as I got to Posison. I made a couple passes and picked up one 22 that was wearing a fin so packed her up and ran for home. Didn't want to kill another wild looking for a slot hatchery. All cleaned up and ready for the BBQ before 10am. 80' on the rigger, chrom and blue Davies head.

Hey Betty,

Now someone correct me if I'm wrong...
I agree with your decision to pack up because you would only be fishing for a spring between 45 and 67 cm. But that fish between 45 and 67 can be either a hatchery or a wild (not just a hatchery like your post implies).

That's how I read your post anyways...

Thanks for the report!

Why didnt they make it 2 springs per day. Only one wild over 67cm?

Checked out Otter for a couple casts after working for a bit. Lots of little lings. Just under. Good amount of 3-4" herring tight to the rocks

IT is slow but a few did manage them big ones yesterday but not today very slow. I was able to get a 1 spring each day and YOU wiont believe this a 9 lb buck pink WHOOP WHOOP LOL you no its said when you get excited about a pink.... LOL \out again tommorow ..

Good luck Wolf

Blue Wolf Charters
www.bluewolfcharters.com

So am I to understand that we can keep two wild springs as long as one is under 67cm and over 45cm? I have been under the impression that we could only keep one wild.
Gonna' take my Phylidalphia lawyer with me next time!!! :D :D :D

2. Subareas 19-1 to 19-4, 20-5 and a portion of 20-4 from a point at the mouth
of Jordan River located at 48.25.382N/124.03.410W then true south to the point
of intersection with the international boundary between Canada and the United
States.

Effective 00:01 hours June 3, 2010 until 23:59 hours June 18, 2010 the daily
limit is two (2) chinook salmon per day which may be wild or hatchery marked
between 45 cm and 67 cm or hatchery marked only chinook over 67 cm in length.

Then,

Effective 00:01 hours June 19, 2010 until 23:59 hours July 15, 2010 the daily
limit is two (2) chinook salmon per day of which only one (1) chinook may be
greater than 67 cm. The minimum size limit in these areas is 45cm.

SAYS it right there I think its damn clear to me what you can and cant do!!!

quote:limit is two (2) chinook salmon per day of which only one (1) chinook may be
greater than 67 cm.

Cmon guys this is not that complicated stop trying to read into something thats not there......

Wolf

Blue Wolf Charters
www.bluewolfcharters.com

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back