So now fishing is over whos going hunting??

Managed to score another 2 point!! Nice island deer, tan colored not grey like the last 2. My brother in-law is tanning them and is going to try to make a drum. We hear elk works better, but I am not supposed to shoot them. Any elk hides laying around?

Funny story behind this deer, Me and my friend get up at 4 o clock to get out there, we drive up the dirt road and see another truck already up the road, I pull up behind him as him and his buddy are just getting back to their truck, I believe they were scopeing an area. Anyways the driver comes up to me on my side and leans into the truck with attitude and says
quote: You know.. usually when I see a truck up the road from me I just turn around and go home!
Instantly see red! think to myself who the hell does this guy think he is and reply as I rev my engine and drive around his truck, over a bunch of jagged rocks and a 2 ft bank " well you better f@%k!n go home then!" drove around him and his buddy who was rolling around on the front seat laughing at his freind for trying to pull a heavy. Drove down the road about 1/4 mile and he was standing right on the road! Karma gets me another one! I hope this guy learned something about it, becuase all he had to do was come up to us and say sorry for ruining your plans guys but we where here first and would like the opportunity to hunt here alone. I would have had no problem at all if he was civil about it, but because he started right up with the attitude he got what he deserved, and hopefully I taught him a lesson about how to handle the same situation in the future.

Take only what you need.

Well here are our whitetail from sask day 1 went out and my buddy and I got this nice one his first sask buck so hes going to get it mounted as you can tell it was a bit warm out there this year and no snow but it was a blast anyways lots of fun, and can those guys drink there pilsner LOL
Saskhuntcolinroy2008003.jpg

After 4 days of hunting and the rut definatlly ending I just went for a nice meat buck the pic is of me and the guy whos takes us out as you can tell plenty of good times butchering this weekend !!!!!!
Saskhuntcolinroy2008038.jpg

Good times

Wolf

Blue Wolf Charters
www.bluewolfcharters.com

Nice weather and a 5x5er ....perfect!
Good job ayup!! [^]

cheers

JUST FISHEN'

Howdy,

Welcome home Roy; nice pics! Sounds like you had a blast.

I am envious of you. Think I'm going North next year.

Cheers,
Terry

YES it was fun we started in calgary by watching the flames /detroit game and having a few bevies at the game, the game was ok great seats had fun nothing like watching fans in calgary rooting for their team alot of detroit fans makes it quite interesting to say the least fights in the stands beer being spilled (priceless) LOL...before the game hit wholesale sports came out ok only a about 200 bucks spent not bad for that store!!!!!!

Then off to sask the next day I cooked a seafood feast for about 20 people oysters in the half shell with spinach and cheeses then bbq brown sugar/soya salmon with risotto rice and salads and good times
and the best part his mom made homemade pies and buns ohhhhhh my god thought i died and was in heaven they were so good she made enough buns for our lunches all week, must admit people in small towns sure treat you good and are very friendly thats what keeps me going back every year.

Cant wait to next year.

Wolf

Blue Wolf Charters
www.bluewolfcharters.com

Nicely done wolf. I chuckled at the pic of you two dressed in white in a brown field. You look like a couple of snowmen with rifles. As for the weather we saw the same thing in Cold lake. Warmest year up there since I have hunted. For once I did not have to battle frostbite...which is kinda good I guess.

I consider myself more of a michelin man but snowman will work LOL LOL I was expecting snow again this year but NO it never came one thing about sask now you can wear camo pants but not the top still need red,orange or a white coat and same in the way of a hat but a all white suit in the snow is camo????????is it not???

Weird rules for sure but ill gladly follow them to hunt there it is very cool place to hunt all the game you see is unbelieveable on day one with that big buck we were only into hunting for 2 hours and my buddy says who has never been there before is it really this easy !!!!!!!!NO i said just just plain luck. seeing 20 bucks prior to that one ill admit is awesome!!!

Wolf

Blue Wolf Charters
www.bluewolfcharters.com

Whats the best way to remove antlers? Sawzall?

Take only what you need.

Whats the best way to remove antlers? Sawzall?

Take only what you need.

Good Job Wolf!:D

Encountered the same issues with weather this time out east - no snow, days so warm you'd swear it was September, and the deer simply refusing to move. Made for the toughest hunting conditions I've encountered out that way ever! That said, my Buddy passed up just over 65 whitetail heads in a little better than a week, so there were a few about. He was (and is) committed to finding his Booner, so left without taking any.
Also saw loads upon loads of elk, moose, mulies, and even some wild pigs (lucky for them they were on posted land!).

So now it's back home, still have a blacktail to dig out of the woodwork, and but a few days to do so...

And with that, I'll leave you with my fondest memory of this latest foray [^]

55Matt_s_Elk.jpg

Cheers,
Nog

Good Job Wolf!:D

Encountered the same issues with weather this time out east - no snow, days so warm you'd swear it was September, and the deer simply refusing to move. Made for the toughest hunting conditions I've encountered out that way ever! That said, my Buddy passed up just over 65 whitetail heads in a little better than a week, so there were a few about. He was (and is) committed to finding his Booner, so left without taking any.
Also saw loads upon loads of elk, moose, mulies, and even some wild pigs (lucky for them they were on posted land!).

So now it's back home, still have a blacktail to dig out of the woodwork, and but a few days to do so...

And with that, I'll leave you with my fondest memory of this latest foray [^]

55Matt_s_Elk.jpg

Cheers,
Nog

Cool nice elk so fitting for that area to see the barbed wire fence LOL LOL
Good eats there as for the weather I can only remember one other time it was that warm the highs got to 28 on time for 3 days and the following week it was - 30 go figure. But it was soooooo much fun anyways being with my freinds and having dinners and etc

good times Wolf

Blue Wolf Charters
www.bluewolfcharters.com

Cool nice elk so fitting for that area to see the barbed wire fence LOL LOL
Good eats there as for the weather I can only remember one other time it was that warm the highs got to 28 on time for 3 days and the following week it was - 30 go figure. But it was soooooo much fun anyways being with my freinds and having dinners and etc

good times Wolf

Blue Wolf Charters
www.bluewolfcharters.com

Howdy,

Beautiful animal Nog. All I can say is, "My turn is coming."

(Soon I hope, six years and counting)

Howdy,

Beautiful animal Nog. All I can say is, "My turn is coming."

(Soon I hope, six years and counting)

Back