So now fishing is over whos going hunting??

Howdy,

Buddy and I did our fourth consecutive trip in late Sep early Oct. Spent a week just north of Princeton then finished up with our usual last week in the East Kootenays. Princeton was so hot the bugs drove us nuts.
Hunting2008022.jpg

Hunting2008019.jpg

Had the strangest BUG experience of any trip ever. Early one day I noticed these tick-like bugs (about 3/4-inch) congregating or hatching on the rocks around the fire. I counted nearly two-dozen or so of the little buggers then, much to my chagrin, I noticed I had two or three on me. They seemed to be trying to get at my skin. I semi-freaked and swatted them off only to have more of em' attack me. There I was, running around camp with these little peckers chasing me. This went on for the duration of that day every time I (and only me) went near the fire. Strange.

We spent and inordinate amount of time on the bikes...
Hunting2008011.jpg

as the bush was tinder dry and noisy as hell. On three or more days we put on over 100/kms... and still shot nothing. The two guy's we met up there shot a spike and a 4-point.

In the E.K. just south of Fairmont we fared no better. The elk were silent (which was unusual) and not one whitey with bones on its head showed itself. The "meat" end of it was disappointing but it's hard not to enjoy oneself in a place like this...
Hunting2008034.jpg

Counting the days till next year!
Hope you whack a nice whitey Wolf!

Cheers,
Terry

Just got back from Creston. Filled my Cow Elk tag on the first day. Had a great time. Stayed at a ranch, shot the Elk a block and a half away from the house and retrevied it with the tractor. Met a great bunch of proud red necks and for the first time ever, the liqour bill exceeded the gas bill! The East Kootneys are unbelievable. Saw Bull Moose, Bull and Cow Elk, Mule Deer, Whitetails, Big Horn Sheep, and unbelievable views. :D

Well we got our elk on the first day up sorry nog no deer saw 2 really nice bucks but didnt get a crack at them as soon as they saw us they were gone into the thick woods but ill keep my ears and eyes open for you. saw a lot of elk this time as I thinked the weather helped out big time wind,rain,very nice we went in looking for "a bull" and wound up with a nice 4x3 and I can tell the meat will be great!!!!!!ill post pics later

Wolf

Blue Wolf Charters
www.bluewolfcharters.com

Congrats on the elk Buddy! Cool!:D
No Worries on the cape thing. Still have quite a bit of season left, so we have the luxury of a little time...
One of the Ladz spotted one of our local Monsters last night, making the mistake of wandering out</u> of the No Fire Zone. He didn't capitalize then, so another foray is called for. If I didn't have a few on hand to cut for the Boyz, I'd be on that windy old ridge tonight. But duty calls, so the buck gets a break until tomorrow it seems...

Not often I smile when reading the words "Storm Warning", but gotta admit, with that particular sighting, I did... very much so!;):D

Straight Shooting Folks!
Nog

Hey Nog

I have a cape of my Sept 3 pt, if you are interested. I had a friend take it down Island as he was going to use it, but he not, so if this one works, let me know.

Here is the buck
P9210074.jpg

Cheers

SS

Fishing08018-1.jpg

Nice buck!!! He was in the thick!! I havent tried deer hunting on the island where do you recomend trying out i know all south island areas pretty well for bear. But never tried deer. Any tips would be appreciated.

-Steve

quote:Originally posted by Sitkaspruce

Hey Nog

I have a cape of my Sept 3 pt, if you are interested. I had a friend take it down Island as he was going to use it, but he not, so if this one works, let me know.

Here is the buck
P9210074.jpg

Cheers

SS

Fishing08018-1.jpg

That's a first class buck for sure...but what do I know...I don't hunt...

www.coastwidesportsfishing.com

quote:Originally posted by richmake

quote:Originally posted by Sitkaspruce

Hey Nog

Here is the buck
P9210074.jpg

Cheers

SS

Fishing08018-1.jpg

That's a first class buck for sure...but what do I know...I don't hunt...

www.coastwidesportsfishing.com

You do hunt fish and that is really not a lot different, other than you can catch and release..:D;)

Same mind set is needed, you have to match witts with the prey and the result is food on the table, so in much the same way, you hunt, just for a different species.

Thanks

Cheers

SS

Fishing08018-1.jpg

Hey guys, check out the following site.... http://www.swivelmachine.com I have a couple of these units that shoot arrows and they are just awesome! Can anyone tell me if they would be legal in BC to hunt Blacktail? SS

seaswirlstiper.jpg

Was up in Cold Lake Alta. Had 3 moose under my stand for over a hour. We all know the answer to why I did not shoot one...no tag. Anyway did manage a big 5 X 4 that was close to 300lbs.
Moose2.jpg

Picture169.jpg

Nice whitey too bad you didnt have a moose tag man looks like it was snowing hard there just love hunting in the snow every thing crisp and cold and fresh looking.
ill be hunting them deer soon enough 5 days now got it all planned wholesale sports on sat morning then the flames and detroit game that night only one thing could be better LOL LOL

congrats Wolf

Blue Wolf Charters
www.bluewolfcharters.com

Have to agree with you Wolf. As soon as the snow started to fall I was all smiles. When the moose where making their way through the woods I thought to myself "this is the biggest buck in the world coming my way":D Anyway good luck on your hunt. Try not to spend too much at WS. I am like a kid in the candy store there. Happy hunting.

Yes we got it last friday night we saw a nice 6x6 in the morning with a few cows we did a sneak on him and he just walked into the forest so we came back in the evening to look for him nothing was on the side hill so like you he decided on a meat bull and got a nice 4x3 that was with 2 other bulls he was the only one that turned broadside for us ill load a pic soon.

Wolf

Blue Wolf Charters
www.bluewolfcharters.com

just finishing off a trip to fort stjohns incredible 3 of us have three whities and three mulies one of eachwill make book the biggest mulie is 6x4 and huge should be home weds and willtry and get some pics up.

Forgot to compliment you on your elk Wolf. That animal would be prime eating. I am jealous because as far as I am concerned a 2-3 year old elk is the best tasting wild game there is. The only thing that comes close I think is a calf moose.

Just got back from sask got got our deer my buddy and I got a nice one together and hes going to get it mounted nice 5x5 with longs tines Ill post pics soon with more of a story .

Wolf

Blue Wolf Charters
www.bluewolfcharters.com

Back