Scotty rigger warranty

BigBadBrad

Hi guys. I recently purchased a used 2106 and was wondering what the deal is with the warranty as I am not the original owner? Will Scotty still honour the warranty if something breaks?

cheers

BBB

Even if it has been registered before ? Not sure if there is a serial # or what.

If it has been registered before you are out of luck as it's a lifetime warranty with whomever registers it first. If original owner hasn't registered then you may be lucky enough to be able to register in your name. However, even without warranty, they will usually give you a good deal or a discount since they have great customer service. I've heard of authorized Scotty repair shoots doing the repair without checking on who is the registered owner etc...

just call them, I had to replace my counters on both my riggers and they just sent me new ones without question.

other than counters or belts they really don't go wrong
only other issues i have ever had is spool splitting ....
Scotty give the best customer service bar none

If you're in Victoria, take it out them in Sidney. I've gone in there multiple times and they haven't ever charged for anything. Very good service. And fast.

My brother-in-law had some used riggers that needed some work. I think the brake needed fixing or something. They fixed the brake, and even put all new line on it. All for free! Rigger was NOT registered, no proof of purchase needed, nothing. This was about 4-5 years go though - I have heard they have cracked down more on registrations though since then, but not sure firsthand.

Also, I had to call them with a question a few days ago. Was refreshing to reach someone in Canada, who spoke English! Customer service was amazing, although I only had a simple question.

Back