Vac Master

BigBadBrad

Hi guys,

I was have not been totally impressed with my vac master. I ran a ton of fish through it this summer and played around with the settings. Some bags still have small air pockets and didn’t get 100% vacuumed.

I am also using 4mill bags.

Any suggestions? What setting do you all use and back thickness?

Cheers,

BBB

Mine occasionally does this as well. I found that the sealing bar gets stuck just slightly in the seal position and requires it to be manually pushed down between bags. If left in the "pinched tight" position when sealing, i get some small amounts of air in the bags.

Could you post a photo of how low your vacuum gauge goes when in vacuum for 40 or more seconds? Mine never goes lower that between the last two lines within the green zone of the gauge.

VP215

seal setting 1.3, cool down 2, seal time 35 sec.

Stanley - not 100% sure what you mean as I just push the lid down and away it goes. Are you saying you give it a little extra push push?

Cheers

VP215

seal setting 1.3, cool down 2, seal time 35 sec.

Stanley - not 100% sure what you mean as I just push the lid down and away it goes. Are you saying you give it a little extra push push?

Cheers
Before closing the lid, give the seal bar a push down so that when the lid is closed, the bag is not pinched tight when vacuuming. The seal bar is pushed up against the lid and the heat strips as activated creating the seal. Then the vacuum is released and lid opens.

I'd recommend trying longer on the seal and cool down. I found with thicker (4 mil) bags a longer seal time is necessary, and the cooldown should be twice the sealing time.

I keep my Vac Master in the garage and also found a longer seal / cool down time when it is cold out helps.

Back