Scotty 1106’s and 20 lb cannons?

Not sure what wiring gauge every is powering there riggers with...but worth a look. Every bit of voltage drop will hurt performance, I plan on bumping my port side up to 8 gauge this year as I run the prawn puller off that side. Keep wire runs as short as possible.

Scotty recommends wiring For wire run lengths up to 25 feet use minimum 12 Ga. wire, for runs of 25 – 40 feet use 10 Ga. wire. And a 30 amp fuse I’m a marine tech I’ve rigged lots of boats the Marinco new style plugs for Scotty will only properly except 12-10 gauge wire 8 is simply to big but every set up regardless of length which typically is under 25 feet just use 10 gauge and run your 30amp if your running pot puller or 20lb balls you can drop a 40 amp in the 10 gauge will handle it under 10’ run of wire atleast then you got the power the downrigger needs for heavy load set ups

Pretty slow. They aren't designed for it.
I switched to 2106's to run 20's and haven't looked back. Can't beat the rigger no matter how hard u try. The downfall of the 2106 is the digital counter fails from moisture ingress after time.
I had a couple counter failures and carry spares all the time. But I also put in some manual counters under the cover so I’m not stuck if all my digital ones fail. Apparently Scotty is aware of the issue but haven’t seen a real fix for it yet

Just ran 20s on my 1106s last night fishing 100-260’ didn’t skip a beat pulled up just as fast as a 15lb that extra 5 lbs definitely helped keep the gear down

If you owned the 1106s and switched to the high power you can never go back. My buddy has the low power and if we use his boat we swap our riggers. Just buy one extra counter and lid. If you have an issue, swap lids and warranty the counter. We're three years in and warrantied one counter. Not bad.

Back