Rivers Inlet

Saltwater Cowboy

Me and a couple buddies have been toying with the idea of running the boat across to Rivers from POrt Hardy area for some big springs. Now I know that the fishing from a quantity stand point can be slow but hell I spent 8 days in 2 different trips in Winter Harbour this June and late August and it was some of the worst salmon fishing I've ever encountered. Does anyone know how long the run is at 30mph to rivers? Any tips on where the best places to fish and best time of the summer to go. How is the crossing I know it can get rough and foggy but other than that?? Does anyone know of any good coves with beaches to camp on close to the fishing grounds, or lodges where you can bring your own boat and pay a moorage and accomodation fee like Critter Cove? Any advice on this area and peoples experience fishing there, staying there and making the crossing would be greatly appreciated!

SWC

Me and a couple buddies have been toying with the idea of running the boat across to Rivers from POrt Hardy area for some big springs. Now I know that the fishing from a quantity stand point can be slow but hell I spent 8 days in 2 different trips in Winter Harbour this June and late August and it was some of the worst salmon fishing I've ever encountered. Does anyone know how long the run is at 30mph to rivers? Any tips on where the best places to fish and best time of the summer to go. How is the crossing I know it can get rough and foggy but other than that?? Does anyone know of any good coves with beaches to camp on close to the fishing grounds, or lodges where you can bring your own boat and pay a moorage and accomodation fee like Critter Cove? Any advice on this area and peoples experience fishing there, staying there and making the crossing would be greatly appreciated!

Saltcowboy

You must of just missed them we where up at winter harbor the first week of August for 7 days and slayed them. We had large fish everyday. We limited everyday too the fish all ranged from 22 to 36lbs. How far out where you fishing and at what depth. We also did well on Halis but they where pretty small and with the springs fishing as good as it was we did not work that hard.

I have a friend that made that run to rivers inlet this year and caught 1 fish in 5 days it was in the 40s but that is a lot of time and money for one fish. I had thought about making the run accross too it is not a bad idea to try to hook up with another boat to make the run together. I think it is about 50 miles accross. What kind of boat do you have?

Back