Shore fishing Comox area

windseafire

My brother has just moved down to Comox from Terrace to retire. I live in California but am planning to spend time with him this summer. He has not been into fishing and would like to learn, but I know nothing about where to shore fish in the area or the methods to use. Just looking for ordinary rock fishing, flatfish etc, don't need to go chasing salmon. Any tips you can give would be much appreciated.

I've forgotten the name of the resort that used to be just south of the little river ferry terminal (all housese now) but you can still access the beach and Point at the end of Waveland Rd. Locals fish there a lot. Can cast for coho during the summer season with the odd chinook thrown in.

I've forgotten the name of the resort that used to be just south of the little river ferry terminal (all housese now) but you can still access the beach and Point at the end of Waveland Rd. Locals fish there a lot. Can cast for coho during the summer season with the odd chinook thrown in.
Wasn’t it King Coho resort ? , I have seen guys fishing there so it must be a decent spot

Wasn’t it King Coho resort ? , I have seen guys fishing there so it must be a decent spot
Yes. Thx for the reminder. I haven't been there for a couple of years. Buzz bombed a nice 15#ish coho. Released as it was unclipped.

Back