Rivers Inlet 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

Catchin

Hi there, I'm looking to book a trip to Rivers Inlet in August/early September 2021. Any advice on when the best time to try and catch some late springs or early northern coho?

@walleyes you're nephews were seriously misinformed. There were no limitations on fishing at the head of the inlet, except for the long-standing boundary that exists. The permit appears to have allowed Duncanby and GHC boats to enter within the boundary if fishing pressure outside of the boundary was in excess, such as to limit their ability to tag fish. We saw no one fishing within the boundary limits during the peak season, nor have I heard of anyone doing so? Maybe others can speak to this? But the GHC and Duncanby boats were all abiding by the same fishing regulations and boundaries as everyone else.

I assume the lodge was being shiesty and only trying to save the gas bill... Not sure which lodge it was? Maybe find out and warn others on the site to make sure it doesn't happen to them too! Because that's some bogus management tactics!

@Catchin you say "late springs", so the later you go in August, the later those spring will be... Anytime you've suggested will work. More coho will show up later, so if you want to target Coho as well, then the later half of August would be a better bet and there will still be a few "late springs" around too.

@walleyes you're nephews were seriously misinformed. There were no limitations on fishing at the head of the inlet, except for the long-standing boundary that exists. The permit appears to have allowed Duncanby and GHC boats to enter within the boundary if fishing pressure outside of the boundary was in excess, such as to limit their ability to tag fish. We saw no one fishing within the boundary limits during the peak season, nor have I heard of anyone doing so? Maybe others can speak to this? But the GHC and Duncanby boats were all abiding by the same fishing regulations and boundaries as everyone else.

I assume the lodge was being shiesty and only trying to save the gas bill... Not sure which lodge it was? Maybe find out and warn others on the site to make sure it doesn't happen to them too! Because that's some bogus management tactics!

@Catchin you say "late springs", so the later you go in August, the later those spring will be... Anytime you've suggested will work. More coho will show up later, so if you want to target Coho as well, then the later half of August would be a better bet and there will still be a few "late springs" around too.
Buddy went up to Legacy Lodge mid August and they were told they weren’t allowed to fish the head. They were quite disappointed as they were hoping to try it out of course. Never saw a Chinook, nice sized coho though.

My son and I and two other boats (friends) where up fishing the head , mid August. Had a great time , we got into some nice size fish. It was my sons and my first time up fishing the head. What a great fishery. All of us had no issues with anything or body . There was around four character outfits fishing beside us. Great bunch of people. Seen a couple of of guys cut their gear off when another boats fish got caught up in their gear. Looking forward to getting back up there again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back