painting floor and gunwales

buzzbomb

So for the last year iv been cleaning up my Double Eagle. So far iv put two brand new motors on it, new top,complete wiring, new dash gauges switchs and vhf. As of last week i picked up two Tempress helm seats and a new 7'' Raymarine Dragonfly sonar/gps. Now once i pulled the old back to back seats out i couldnt stop there because every thing has been installed new it was time for the vinyl on the floor and in the gunwales to go to. I was gonna look at putting new vinyl in but an leaning towards cleaning off the old glue and painting the gunwales with bilge kote and the floor with a marine non slip.The boat is almost new as its all been replaced including floor stringers and fuel tank just before i got it last year. Has any one ever been in this same spot with there boat, if so pros cons and products were used would be very appreciated. Like i said i got it striped and cleaned now its time to do right steps so the final finnish looks good and last. Thanks for any imput ill post picks when done.

I just recently did the floor in my DE with a marine non-skid and I love it!First thing I did was do 2 coats of Interlux
Interprotect 2000e 2 part epoxy barrier/primer coat to waterproof the deck,then a heavy coat of Kiwigrip non-slip
deck paint.It's not cheap,but it's a tough finish that has held up really well and has plenty of traction.

Ill get some pics up asap, she not quite ready for the final photo shoot but iv been taken pics all the way threw. Im gonna do some more research on products at work tomorrow. Hope to have the inside done buy next weekend.

Line-x would be sweet but how much weight would that add? Quite a bit I'd imagine

Line x isnt that thick.And its not heavy. I realize some people are weight freaks when it comes to there boats, but the floor of your boat wouldnt weigh much. But I will ask my buddy how much it weighs per foot.

To do my boat it would add about 50 lbs, the guy is coming over to give me a estimate later on today

If your thinking of going with a white spray in liner don't. It turns yellow in no time.

I've seen it done in black spray liner but can get extremely hot in summer months. One option depending on dimensions is lava grip adhesive fabric. Available in 4'x8' rolls. Doesn't get hot like spray liner does.

I had the deck replaced in my old Lund fibreglass last winter. The glass guy sprayed a light grey pigmented gel coat on the deck, traction is great and it's not sandpaper either.

Back