New Vancouver Salt Thread: GAME ON!

WAS OUT SATERDAY OFF THE SLASH ,6 SPRINGS 4 KEEPERS 8-14LB ,LOTS OF CRAB GREAT DAY, WATER WAS CALM, WILL BE BACK OUT FRIDAY AM

HI FARNY, WE WERE ABOUT 4 MILES OFF BOWEN UP FROM THE QA,WE HAVE BEEN FISHING THIS AREA FOR THE LAST MONTH DOING REAL WELL.

Kept 2 springs yesterday off of roger curtis about 3 miles off. lost a third. Been trying the crab thing, but been skunked 3 times in a row. any suggestions

Thanks I thought thats where it was ,but I was confused with active pass,I am hoping to go out this saturday ,I thought of going to thrasher even though I have not been before ,but I think I go to the slash

quote:Originally posted by GET R DONE

WAS OUT SATERDAY OFF THE SLASH ,6 SPRINGS 4 KEEPERS 8-14LB ,LOTS OF CRAB GREAT DAY, WATER WAS CALM, WILL BE BACK OUT FRIDAY AM

Saw you guys out there. Right on!

What depths were best for you? What were you using?

quote:Originally posted by GET R DONE

Using copcar flashers,anchovy 65'to 99'

Ch Ch Chovy...

Gotta love them Choves...from now until October....there's only one bait you need.

Thanks!

Updates from this weekend fellas? I heard a report of a 15 lber off the White House today...

Any ideas?!

nodda this cowboy, to damn bust redoing my kitchen:(:(:( I need to fish---- someone tell it stinks so i dont feel bad

[8D][8D]

was out today around 600am start off of Bowen in the clean water right next to the the brackish cah of the fraser influence, right off the bat we boated a 22 incher and were were hoping this was a harbinger of keeper sized fish to come, right after that we seen Mr seal staring to follow us, a dozen pellet gun pellets across his nose didnt deter him and soon after a good pin popper was immediately snatched by this Mother F%&$*%ing seal, we gave chase and seen the 10- 12 # er in his mouth, a few more decent pellet shots didnt scare him and a little slack and he was able to rip the fish from the hook, very upsetting. another undersized fish was boated soon after and near noon we picked up another good pin popper and soon after we had hooked up, the next seal who,s turn it was to rape the sportsman grabbed on to this 14 pounder or so and after 25 minutes of chasing and very close pellets to the face, the seal dropped the fish but it ended up being hooked itself and we played it for another few runs to where we lost our gear to this very tired seal. So to sum up, as usual expect to have a very good amount of fish snatched away, fight for them as you may win, carry something stronger than a piddly pellet gun to nail them with after they surface with your fish in their mouth. Very very frustrated fisherman

We were at the slash by 6:30 fishing the tide line, hooked 2 under size in the first 2 hours, then is slowed, didn't see anything from the other boats so we crossed to thrasher.
Trolled on the south side of the reef with the other boats. Did that for a couple more hours with nothing so we trolled around the out side of the light heading west. hit a good fish on the cop car, handed the rod to my buddy who doesn't fish much, while I was bringing the gear up the fish took a blistering run, buddy got his fingers in the way and got smacked real good, then the fish did a 180 and rushed the boat, buddy did a great job reeling in but the fish was coming to fast, it hit the side of the boat below me going fast, ricoshayed off the boat, between the cable, took a short run, then rushed us in a circle, back around the cable, then paused just out side of net range, then exploded when it saw that big net. snap!!!! looked like a 16 to 18lber.
we trolled that spot for an hour and a half with nothing else.
headed towards the Grenade then the seals showed up. hit a hog at the end of the cliffs in 140feet of water on the anchovy, handed the rod over again, 2 blistering runs, stupid me , I brought the rigger up on his side, don't know if that brought the seal in or they were on it already. We could see the rod tip get heavy, seal had it and was heading back to Van. had to break it off.
on the way in my crab trap was either stolen or a tug ran over the float cause it was gone.
had a great time but it was just one of those day's.

Rule number 1: Thou shall not steal.
Rule number 2: Do unto others....

To the 2 individuals in a 17 foot White/Blue Bayliner with an I/O and 2 downriggers on the back off Spanish Banks today...you watched me pick up my crab traps and put them back down. You also watched me leave the area. I know it was YOU who raped my crab traps. There was NO ONE else in the area. Heck, there wasn't even 5 boats in 5 square miles. NO OTHER TRAPS in the AREA.

I'm totally not impressed.

One of these days you're going to run across the WRONG person.

We took 12 beautiful keepers out of one of those traps. I returned the second trap to the water half full with 8 or 9 keepers in there. Both traps had TONS of bait in there. We returned with other friends to pick up the two traps and out of exactly the same spot....THERES NO CRABS in either trap.

You should be ashamed of yourselves.

quote:Originally posted by Mortician

To the 2 individuals in a 17 foot White/Blue Bayliner with an I/O and 2 downriggers on the back off Spanish Banks today...you watched me pick up my crab traps and put them back down. You also watched me leave the area. I know it was YOU who raped my crab traps. There was NO ONE else in the area. Heck, there wasn't even 5 boats in 5 square miles. NO OTHER TRAPS in the AREA.

We took 12 beautiful keepers out of one of those traps. I returned the second trap to the water half full with 8 or 9 keepers in there. Both traps had TONS of bait in there. We returned with other friends to pick up the two traps and out of exactly the same spot....THERES NO CRABS in either trap.

Are you allowed to throw your trap back with crabs in it? So you can go unload your daily limit at home then return for the rest that were put back down in the trap? I always thought you had to return all crabs that you werent keeping, didnt know you could keep a stash in your trap till it was convenient and legal to take them.

quote:Originally posted by Mortician

Are you allowed to throw your trap back with crabs in it? So you can go unload your daily limit at home then return for the rest that were put back down in the trap? I always thought you had to return all crabs that you werent keeping, didnt know you could keep a stash in your trap till it was convenient and legal to take them.

Ya, that cant be right. You left legal sized crabs in your trap so you could come back with friends with licenses? Really?

Ya, that cant be right. You left legal sized crabs in your trap so you could come back with friends with licenses? Really?

quote:Originally posted by r.s craven

Unless you wired your gates shut, the crabs walked out...
(yes, they will find a way out)

fearnofishy-1-1.jpg
Ya I hear ya, it happens, but why would they leave with TONS of bait in there?