New Vancouver Salt Thread: GAME ON!

Anyone out off Lasqueti... I was at north end down 150'... zippo.

Thanks...

I have a supplier coming down to the city from the up north this thursday and I was planning on taking him out fishing for the day on Friday.
Does anybody have any reports from Thrasher or Porlier area. If nothing is happening over there is there still some good action of Bowen or Howe Sound?

Any info would be very much appreciated!!

Thank you
Jimmy

Have not heard much in the las few days as there was an algee bloom and the fre**** started to muddy up the waters right now. May want to head further north towards sechelt

Does anyone know how long these blooms last? I would like to get out this week-end.

Wouldnt it make sense to move in closer to south end of bowen if theres bloom and freshet ,that run at south end of bowen should not be over yet should it

So who is going to play in the sun on Saturday or be like me and wait till the rain on Sunday, dont ask. I like it when it rains.

Flytyer, Got your e-mail. I like the Sunday idea. Better chance the winds will be southeast. What area are you thinking?

lay out the crab traps first, shot the seal with a pellet gun and play whale music, then hunt down the crab trap robbers, run them down with a smile on my face and then a cold one at bridges. orrrrrrr i could just hit the water early and get a couple for the barby and call it a day, as there is always Monday--- how about it??

I went out thursday so7uth of bowen nothing ,cap noting ,in the freighters lots of fish and bait on the sounder and still noting ,

quote:Originally posted by farny
[br]I went out thursday so7uth of bowen nothing ,cap noting ,in the freighters lots of fish and bait on the sounder and still noting ,

They're picky right now. Water is dirty and you have to put in your time. From what I hear the charter guys are still finding them....just not as "hot and heavy" as it was a few weeks ago. The ol' standbys are doing most of the damage. 4.0 Coyotes with greens.

Hope to give it a shot tomorrow... ;)

Took out our neighbours. They decided that licences were not important. They gave me a song and dance about thinking last years was still valid. I will not take out anyone without checking their license first. I brought up the gear and we did a little tour. The water was very dirty.

quote:Originally posted by flytyer

No word from Saturday or Sunday????

I brought home 1 8 lb hatchery white yesterday. Anchovy. Dungeness crab too.

A buddy got a couple undersize and one legal salmon 7 miles of Bowen yesterday.

Lots of dirty water around with all the run off.

Anyone go out today?? I fished south bowen, QA, and all over Eng. bay and zipppo today. Nice weather though!!

Joe

quote:Originally posted by Striker

Anyone go out today?? I fished south bowen, QA, and all over Eng. bay and zipppo today. Nice weather though!!

Joe

I got wiped this morning. Sounds like the guys at Thrasher were having a ball. Heard the radio was all lit up with many reports for 15 lbers etc etc etc.

The afternoon flood was apparently good off South Bowen. A buddy called me to say that he knows someone on a charter who nailed a 15 and 18 lber around 5 pm on the flood.

quote:Originally posted by Mortician

quote:Originally posted by flytyer

No word from Saturday or Sunday????
I brought home 1 8 lb hatchery white yesterday. Anchovy. Dungeness crab too.
Hmmmmmmmm anchovie.....and crab?!?!? How do you keep the Dungeness on the hook hahahaha

It might be time for a run over to Thrasher? :)