New Vancouver Salt Thread: GAME ON!

quote:Originally posted by r.s craven

Unless you wired your gates shut, the crabs walked out...
(yes, they will find a way out)

fearnofishy-1-1.jpg
Ya I hear ya, it happens, but why would they leave with TONS of bait in there?

Because he pulled it. If it was left alone the trap would have fished
until the bait was gone.
Once you pull the trap, the crabs won't hang around.
That's my experience anyway.

fearnofishy-1-1.jpg

until the bait was gone.

fearnofishy-1-1.jpg

until the bait was gone.

fearnofishy-1-1.jpg
I'm not taking a shot just didnt know it was legal, if it is. Many times I've had over my limit but always thrown the extras back because I thought I had to. I guess if you're re-setting the trap in the same area anyways they'd probably go back in??

until the bait was gone.

fearnofishy-1-1.jpg
I'm not taking a shot just didnt know it was legal, if it is. Many times I've had over my limit but always thrown the extras back because I thought I had to. I guess if you're re-setting the trap in the same area anyways they'd probably go back in??

Once you've taken 4 crabs, legally you're done for the day.
Going in to shore and unloading your catch doesn't give the right
to go back out and catch more
Another license holder can pull the trap.

fearnofishy-1-1.jpg

Once you've taken 4 crabs, legally you're done for the day.
Going in to shore and unloading your catch doesn't give the right
to go back out and catch more
Another license holder can pull the trap.

fearnofishy-1-1.jpg

I called DFO about this before setting the trap.

It is perfectly legal to leave your trap down with plenty of bait still in the trap and to remove just the crabs you are legally allowed to take. As long as you do not exceed the daily retention limit, it is perfectly legal to leave your crab traps fishing. People do this all the time with prawn traps and crab traps.

I returned to the traps after an afternoon fishing trip with 3 fully licensed friends from work.

The limit is 4 per day per person.

I did not exceed the limit and nor did any of my friends.

I called DFO about this before setting the trap.

It is perfectly legal to leave your trap down with plenty of bait still in the trap and to remove just the crabs you are legally allowed to take. As long as you do not exceed the daily retention limit, it is perfectly legal to leave your crab traps fishing. People do this all the time with prawn traps and crab traps.

I returned to the traps after an afternoon fishing trip with 3 fully licensed friends from work.

The limit is 4 per day per person.

I did not exceed the limit and nor did any of my friends.

I was under the impression that only the person whose name is on the buoy can keep crab from the trap?

I was under the impression that only the person whose name is on the buoy can keep crab from the trap?

You should crab at Belcarra Park or Cates Park around Burrard Inlet. You can use bleach bottles for floats and you don't need your name on them either. Also bring all your familly with you and don't worry about licences.Undersize crab are not a problem, take all you want and serve them at your restaurant. If D.F.O. stops you make sure you don't speak english.[V]

You should crab at Belcarra Park or Cates Park around Burrard Inlet. You can use bleach bottles for floats and you don't need your name on them either. Also bring all your familly with you and don't worry about licences.Undersize crab are not a problem, take all you want and serve them at your restaurant. If D.F.O. stops you make sure you don't speak english.[V]

OOOh thats a nasty one Brisco...

OOOh thats a nasty one Brisco...

quote:Originally posted by Brisco

Brisco...can't agree more....

Brisco...can't agree more....

The truth hurts:(