New Vancouver Salt Thread: GAME ON!

[/quote] The striper is a 99 2300 WA. I found it in Southern California. The boat is in really good shape and what really sold me was how anal the previous owner was for maintenance. It made all the difference in the world to know how well the boat was maintained.

Cheers
[/quote]

I have the 2101 model and yes they do handle the water quite well. I've left similar priced boats behind in rough water.This will be my fourth season with the Seaswirl and she hasn't let me down. The 4.3 Volvo with fuel injection is a sweet little engine and fuel economy is good.There is a Seaswirl Owners website that will give you information. You may even find you previous owners on there in the archive's.

Coop, i seen you guys pull up at 900am,i seen the boat type and said to Carey that might be Coop it was way to windy at that time and we were trolling back toward the lee on Hutt, you stayed on the Gibsons side of Hutt all morning and that was way too much wind for us. Congrats on popping the cherry.

Any reports from Howe Sound for the past few days? Thinking of taking the kids out on Fathers' Day. Best bets? I was thinking Grace, but have never fished there... Thanks!

The charm of fishing is that it is the pursuit of what is elusive but attainable, a perpetual series of occasions for hope.

quote:Originally posted by Pangaea

Any reports from Howe Sound for the past few days? Thinking of taking the kids out on Fathers' Day. Best bets? I was thinking Grace, but have never fished there... Thanks!

The charm of fishing is that it is the pursuit of what is elusive but attainable, a perpetual series of occasions for hope.

Fraser Peahead Red Chinooks are around for those who know where to look. I know of 18 and 22 lb Reds caught this week. [8D]

Was out for half a day. No fish for me. Did a long troll from the Harbour to the QA and points west. Freshet on top and a wicked thick algae bloom below to royally screw things up.

Water was fine this morning.

1000000 crab traps out there and English Bay has been landmined. I managed to yard my 2 traps and limited out on 7 inch Dungeness. So much for crabbing for another 9 months.

Did about 2 hours with 2 off Jerico/SB, trying out the new (to me) boat.
New electric downrigger is not quite ready, VHF went out of commission while messing with the wiring. Vapor-locked the main motor.
But what a beautiful evening to be on the bay!

Oh, and no fish caught.

Im in a well-used 22ft Starcraft (blue/white). Say hi when you're out!

Fishin' anywhere anytime for anything

quote:Originally posted by J-GLOBAL

Did about 2 hours with 2 off Jerico/SB, trying out the new (to me) boat.
New electric downrigger is not quite ready, VHF went out of commission while messing with the wiring. Vapor-locked the main motor.
But what a beautiful evening to be on the bay!

Oh, and no fish caught.

Im in a well-used 22ft Starcraft (blue/white). Say hi when you're out!

I saw you out there yesterday and wondered what you were doing, fishing or fixing.
I was out for about 4 hours yesterday from Cowan Point to Jericho with no luck. Didn't see much on the sounder and only spotted 2 seals.
I might go out this afternoon for a while, 24' SeaRay (blue/white)
So far this year I've only caught 4 springs, released 3 of them, undersized.
I heard of a few caught yesterday, 12 to 15 lbs, they just didn't say where!

quote:Originally posted by tortuga

Game off.

Heard that some of the Sewell's guide boats or associates are finding springs to 25 lbs this week from a guy at work today. Hole in the Wall to Sunset first thing in the morning and north towards Gambier, Grace...

quote:Originally posted by Salmon Smoker
I saw you out there yesterday and wondered what you were doing, fishing or fixing.

Trying.. Trying...
Think I have both Electric Downriggers working now, with the VHF back online, radio, and all. Tomorrow will be another day of getting things just right (or closer to just right).

Be out on the bay in the morning on Saturday, gonnat throw everything at em. Supposed to be a warm day with a 5km breeze.

Say Hi if you're out there.

I am heading out to try the local spots. Will post results if there are any. Campion 165 Centre console. see ya out there!!

Heard a 28 lb Spring reported by a local Vancouver Charter firm in Area 28 yesterday.

Fraser Red. YUMMMMMMM.

6 hours, 6 rods, bellbouy to pt A Lighthouse. = 0 salmon

Didn't see anything caught. Heard a should just east of BB just as we were picking up but didn't see anything.

Didn't hear anything on the radio either.

Thinking about going out tomorrow... but it seems slow out there, maybe head across to thrasher...

fished thrasher today first ever tried everything got nuttin,went back to nothing again ,wow

Another 4 hours in the sunshine this afternoon = 0 more.
Back at the dock, everyone saying the same...

I had the same luck trolling 2 hours 2-4pm just North of Sandheads. No hits.