New Vancouver Salt Thread: GAME ON!

I think the reports are great. I appreciate people taking the time to post them. And as far as I'm concerned the charter guys can advertise all they want. The sports fishermen need to stick together more than ever.

quote:Originally posted by Brisco

I think the reports are great. I appreciate people taking the time to post them. And as far as I'm concerned the charter guys can advertise all they want. The sports fishermen need to stick together more than ever.

^^^ agreed

glad to hear the fishing is good, hopin to get out soon

I forgot to mention all the free advice, tips, and fishing locations provided to us by the guides here.

I was the guy in the report Dave was talking about at Porteau. I hit 16 and 8 on Saturday. Went back Monday and did not get a sniff. Talked to a couple of buddies and it's been slow this week. I think I'll try South Bowen on Sunday. Look forward to hearing the Saturday reports, coaching soccer today so can't fish.

quote:Originally posted by cohochinook

I was the guy in the report Dave was talking about at Porteau. I hit 16 and 8 on Saturday. Went back Monday and did not get a sniff. Talked to a couple of buddies and it's been slow this week. I think I'll try South Bowen on Sunday. Look forward to hearing the Saturday reports, coaching soccer today so can't fish.

Right on.

I was out this morning...Hit 3 fish. 1 undersize, 1 11 lb keeper and 1 line burner which popped itself off the clip but before I could catch up to it after it turned towards me..it was gone. All hits in the vicinity of the QA.

Not too many boats out today. Got the bites around 1120 am.

:) :)

Back out tomorrow!!!!

[8D]

Mortician, I'm going out as well tommorow. How was the water? And may I ask if you were using bait or hardware?

Brisco and mortician, also will be out sunday, will be playing out at south bowan. What type of rides are you in? will listen in on 88a for all the chatter.

[8D][8D]

Flytyer, I'll be the Seaswirl 2101. I might start at Q.A. I will moniter the radio. What boat are you in?

quote:Originally posted by flytyer

Brisco and mortician, also will be out sunday, will be playing out at south bowan. What type of rides are you in? will listen in on 88a for all the chatter.

[8D][8D]

I'll be on my Grady White tomorrow.

quote:Originally posted by Brisco

Mortician, I'm going out as well tommorow. How was the water? And may I ask if you were using bait or hardware?

Water was good. Northerly outflow from Howe Sound made life interesting. Closer to the QA it was nice and flat. Many of the boats left early as the NW'er was building past 12 noon.

Noticed a lot of algae bloom and freshet starting to dirty up the water.

I was using bait.

Blew $7 on a pack of Choves so I thought I'd use 'em. Another buddy this afternoon hit 3 fish in the area...it calmed down. He told me he was using the "Sludge" half/half Coyote and Glo Kitchen Sink spoons and Choves as well.

Just got back from the Q.A. Well, it was an awesome day out there. We caught and kept 2 17lbs. Of course we landed 2 undersize and one fish we lost was probobly in the teens. All fish were on the same rod at 90ft. The hot dodger was green hotspot and green glow anchovie head. We tried spoon and hootchie but not a sniff. D.F.O. was waiting at McDonald beach ramp and took samples and wieghed our fish.They also asked if we felt the seals were a problem and did any seals attack our fish. We told them yes and frigen do something about it! I would like to skip work tommorow but the weather looks iffy, anyone have any thoughts on what the water may be like?

We were out near the QA today, got one just legal and released an undersize, I think so anyway. What a nice day out there!! Flat water nice temperature. Had three hits on a coyote spoon at 80 feet. Same set up on the other side with Kone Zone flasher set up. Not a sniff there. Only on the bare coyote at 80 feet.

I tried the Kone-Zone all morning without a bite. The other side got all the fish. And yes I was using it correctly. That thing might be o.k. for socks but otherwise I don't need the extra drag.

Yep, all in all a NICE day out on the water.

12, 11, 12, 10, 14 lbs for the boat today.

The Green Glow Coyote was lethal today hooking everything. 20 medium to large legal Dungeness as well.

Fishing has been very good. It's got to slow down or I'll have to release most of what I catch later...

Hmmmmm.. the case for NOT fishing.

;)

trolled from jerico out to QA not a sniff till i got there, ---what a waste of 3 hours. hit all with a non green glow head, a green flasher all on same rod at 120, nothing on the army truck or green glow coyote spoon though. had my limit of crab and now have a family with full tummies and a happy wife--- life is good:D then comes monday[xx(]
[8D][8D]

quote:eek:riginally posted by Mortician

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by scoopy

Thanks Mortician, I sorta do that when I can, without getting to close. What boat are you out there?? I have the 16.5 ft campion centre console.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have a 21 Foot Trophy with a 175 Optimax on the back. I tail around the local charter firms in English Bay and occasionally go to Hutt and the back side of Bowen to "observe" the Sewell's Fleet. They're easy to spot as there are usually a few people on board. Another dude I know was out yesterday and found a couple of keepers.

Everyone is using small Gypsies or 4.0 Coyotes behind flashers and a guy I met at the boat show runs nothing but old skool Super Herring Strip.

Also the guide boats are all running 4 rods. Maybe that's telling of the scarcity of the fish?

quote:quote:
Originally posted by Mortician

Originally posted by flytyer

Wow, Mortician, you're a lucky guy;) two boats to choose from...which do you like better, the trophy or the grady?

quote:Originally posted by wasabi

quote:eek:riginally posted by Mortician

quote:
Originally posted by scoopy

Thanks Mortician, I sorta do that when I can, without getting to close. What boat are you out there?? I have the 16.5 ft campion centre console.

I have a 21 Foot Trophy with a 175 Optimax on the back. I tail around the local charter firms in English Bay and occasionally go to Hutt and the back side of Bowen to "observe" the Sewell's Fleet. They're easy to spot as there are usually a few people on board. Another dude I know was out yesterday and found a couple of keepers.

Everyone is using small Gypsies or 4.0 Coyotes behind flashers and a guy I met at the boat show runs nothing but old skool Super Herring Strip.

Also the guide boats are all running 4 rods. Maybe that's telling of the scarcity of the fish?

quote:quote:
Originally posted by Mortician

Originally posted by flytyer

Wow, Mortician, you're a lucky guy;) two boats to choose from...which do you like better, the trophy or the grady?

Most definitely the Grady that's why the Trophy is now sold. Once you've experienced the best, nothing compares...and that's the rest. The Trophy was an original and the Optimax was one of the originals and it was getting tired.

hey Mortician maybe i should follow you around to learn your tricks and secrets!!!haha I must start catching fish soon or my boat will be converted and set up for skiing.....