Nanaimo Area

Fished the Grande and Neck/Fingers today... Hooked about 6 fish... maybe 5-7lbs range.. let them go... Finally got a nice one off of Neck... 10-12 lbs table fish....
Prawnwed around Entrance Is. and it sucked... Ibprophen and some beers should help... Hope the other boats did better than us...

Was out on monday and got nothing but shakers non stop. Going out today (thurs) maybe try a little deeper this time, seemed to work for tex. btw nice fish tex!

Went out yesterday. about 25 shakers and and 1 decent Coho keeper just off the fingers. Got the keeper off a surface line we were dragging.

Was out this evening for a few hours, fishing was slow, tons of shakers around the fingers but the whale show was awesome!! Small pod of about 5 or 6 Orcas cruised right in front of pipers and along the shore. They ended up stopping around the green can and put on quite a show for myself and another boat that slowly followed them from a distance. It was almost like they knew we were watching, as several of them did full breaches out of the water, backwards, frontwards, slapping their tails on the water. Was an awesome sight, sure do love where we live. Unfortunately no pictures or video as it was almost dark by this time.

I heard that moose guy couldn't catch a spawned out salmon with a dip net. He's got salmon repellent flowing though his veins (and beer). In fact, I bet he's never caught a tyee!

Agreed......And I concur with all of that =)

was out ainchored in my boat with my friend ( salmonslayer17) and then waited for the thick fog to go away , and finaly it did so we went out the thrasher rock to try and grab a ling or two , but unfortunetly didnt bring any home, lost one about 29lbs it was huuge, and also lots of fish on depth sounder everywhere we went today and tons of bait

Guessing the fishing is pretty slow right now, not much going on on here. Last time I was out was the weekend and nothing but small ones, and lots of them and that seemed like the case for everyone at the docks. Anybody been out lately?

hey islander55 pretty sure thats a rockfish conservation area, no wonder he caught a gooder..lol how'd he do on the prawning?

my buddy went of tent island 3 days ago for prawning and while waiting for his traps he trolled the north tip of tent and managed to get a alright sized one

maybe we are mistaken , you said your buddy got an alright one when he was trolling by the north tip of tent island, is tent island not just outside of ladysmith harbour. not trying to be the DFO just wondering if your buddy was in the wrong spot trolling, outside by thrasher is open.

guess i was mistaken by the location of tent island, it is on the south end of kuper, which is just on the outside edge of the RCA, from what i just saw on the dfo website, my bad.:p

Hows the Nanaimo are these days? Porlier any good?

Usually when the forum gets this quite that means there's not much around. Not sure if any winters have shown up yet but if last year was any indication, this time of year is very slow.

Me and my brother fished nanaimo the past two days. Lots of half dead chum and pinks swimming around, and the odd early coho. Not too much biting though.

Sent from my SGH-I727R using Tapatalk now Free

Any current reports from around Nanaimo to Thrasher... Going out with a buddy on Thursday.. Haven't been out for awhile.. Fingers/Grande/Thrasher ?
Thanks..
Ill report back with the results.. Ive usually found November to be a bit slower on the feeders... Cheers

I was out about a week ago and it was dead slow. Me thinks we are in the middle of the time between late season spawners and early season feeders. I did ok for prawns. I buttoned up the boat for a few months.

Good luck. Let me know how you do.

Back