Nanaimo Area

Hoping to get out tomorrow while this nice weather is around. Not expecting much in terms of fish tho, as I remember this time of year is very slow around here. Hope you had a good day out there peterman.

Well, we fished the Grande pretty hard and a few good passes at Thrasher..... Picked up a small 5-6lbs feeder off the Grande right away... 1130ish..(Put him back to get bigger)... in 150ft of water, dragging the Irish Cream and Blue Glow flasher combo... That was it for fish...Bottom bounced hard and even ran bait for awhile but pretty slow...
Prawns were decent.. The weather was great and the water had that beautiful crystal clear winter look...Aways nice to run the boat and have everything working...

Reports are great even if we don't catch anything.. Helps us find those fish when its a bit slower out there... Good luck..

today was sure a beutiful calm sunny day thats for sure ! had a great time, put down some prawn traps over at thetis island , there a ton of bouys everywhere and boats, but managed to get just over 300 in 4 hours. but while my traps were soaking i ran over to thrasher rock and lost one winter spring probs around 7-8lbs. came right to boat then did that head shake before the net and boom it got away haha. over all great day heres some phictures: matts pictures 004.jpgmatts pictures 006.jpgmatts pictures 007.jpgmatts pictures 008.jpg

Nice work...love the open boat with the tiller...reminds me of when I was young pounding it in any weather...now I just get cold...LOL
good job

haha might as well, ive just been going to thetis island for prawning for a long time
i noticed quite the collection of boats and bouys on the westjet coming into cassidy the other day, doing a little aerial recon out the window of the Q-400 . Now i just have to convince one of my buddies to go prawning :)

It was great getting out on the water today. Bit of a **** show getting the gear together but we put in a valiant effort anyway. Prawning was not so good for us and crabbing was excellent except for the number of keepers. Every trap had 20 plus crabs in them but we only ended up with 2 keepers. That was 3 traps and two pulls. We tried trolling around for about an hour with zero results. A little lumpy at times out there but anyone can fish in calm seas lol.

Anyways, heading back out tomorrow to try some different terrain. Nice to get out there, work the gear, and have some fun :). We are in the groove now so to speak.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back