Nanaimo Area

Nice catch there AD, were you fishing the tide change? I'll be heading out tomorrow afternoon, weathers supposed to be pretty good.

It wasn't a very good night for tide change. These were caught before the tide I think. Good luck out there.

Hey Guys,

Thought I would say hello. Spooler here. Derby was great fun thanks to all involved in organizing it... though I was not able to meet with the pressure of "Derby Fishing" ;)

Anyway, have not been out for a few. Caught a nice 22lbr at Entrance fishing the Flood but that was back on the 17th. 140ft on a Hoochie rig.

spring22lbsonesmall.jpg

Nice Fish Spooler..don't worry the derby pressure hit us all hard..Anyone make it out for a fish tonight? water looked pretty awesome from the beach in departure bay this evening..hopefully not to many more days and my outboard will be patched back together and i can get a few more days in before heading back to work in Alberta.

Pretty beauty day out there today after the sun came out, then all the boats came out! Only saw about 3 or 4 boats out there around 4, 5 o'clock, then when the sun came out there must have been 20+ out by the fingers. Decent amount of coho action out there, best was 7-8 lb that had to go back. Not much spring action till about 7 o'clock, then the bite was on, had about 6 or 7 hits, some undersized, some spit the hook and one that got in the boat was a nice 12lb marble. Pretty funny thing happened when I was putting my line back before putting on the dr clip, a nice sized fish came up and grabbed the spoon, right on the surface! After a quick fight he was gone. After this I thought that, well if there's one fish this shallow maybe there's more..So I put that line down to 40ft, And sure enough within minutes had a huge hit, pin popper.. Easily high teens, solid battle ensued but alas it wasnt to be, as it spit the hook right when breaching the surface. :( night ended shortly after that when kicker ran out of fuel. All fish were caught at 70ft max on live image spoon.

The one I have been using is straight chrome, no colour. Has outfished all other gear combined this season. Got the tip from Mark Pendlington.

i have had good luck with the green,but maybe i need a some more variety...there is No doubt Mark Pendlington knows his stuff! the guy is a first rate fish slayer and is very good at explaining his techniques..he is not on the forum is he??:p

Well I'm back from the Interior Lakes and reading the last 10 pages of this thread, it sounds like you fellas have been having some great salt water fishing while i was away fishing the fresh. My buddy and I had a great trip and the last lake we went to was unbelievable. We were taken there by a friend who lives in the area and who asked us not to devulge the name. In 2 days we landed 4 rainbows well over 7 lbs. IMGP5583.jpg We brought 2 home for the barbie. My salt boat is in the hospital for a heat sensor problem but I hope to be out there with you as soon as possible.
Cheers; twogone

Great trout twogone!!

Quick(late) report from last Saturday. On the water about 8 am, started at the Fingers and worked over towards Snake. A few undersized springs and a nice wild coho on the way. Fished around Entrance and hooked about 2 dozen undersized springs, one teenager in the box, lost a bigger one. 100 - 130 ft, 3 inch glow splatterback spoon was the winner, the pink sink worked well too. Last fish of the day was a 6-7 pound wild coho, great to see the bluebacks back! Some major bait activity all around Entrance. 100_5322.jpg

Two gone.. Is that a pic of you holding two fish wearing a shirt with a pic of you holding two fish? That's awesome!

Well, yes but actually it is a pic of me holding 2 fish, wearng a shirt with a pic of me holding 2 fish, wearing a shirt with a pic of me holding 2 fish. On the white T shirt , there is a picture of me holding a 40lb Halibut and a 35lb ling. They are visible on the shirt but not this photo. My next shirt will have this years picture on it but by then, the Hali & Ling will have almost dissapeared. My son lives in Taiwan and is married to a Taiwanese lady whose uncle has a T shirt factory. Every year before their annual visit here for the summer, they ask for a photo so the uncle can make me some new shirts. I already have a ton of them but the new ones just keep comming. Cheers; twogone

Great trout twogone!!

Quick(late) report from last Saturday. On the water about 8 am, started at the Fingers and worked over towards Snake. A few undersized springs and a nice wild coho on the way. Fished around Entrance and hooked about 2 dozen undersized springs, one teenager in the box, lost a bigger one. 100 - 130 ft, 3 inch glow splatterback spoon was the winner, the pink sink worked well too. Last fish of the day was a 6-7 pound wild coho, great to see the bluebacks back! Some major bait activity all around Entrance. View attachment 7732

Bruce what boat were you in?, looking at your trails there I think we were pretty much fishing the same area I headed up there around 3ish for a couple hours or so in search of the coho's was only one other boat there must have been you I seen
Tim

Nipped out to Thrasher for about 2 hrs. Not a snif and only marked one bait ball at about 150. First time I have fished the area so I'm sure it's all part of the learning curve. Killed it with prawns though. Who says the Commies scooped them all up. They sure are a nice size on this side of the island.

Bruce what boat were you in?, looking at your trails there I think we were pretty much fishing the same area I headed up there around 3ish for a couple hours or so in search of the coho's was only one other boat there must have been you I seen
Tim

I was in a buddy's white & blue Bayliner, pretty sure we saw you too. How did you do in the coho dept? We got a couple...one was about 6-7 pounds....but not clipped.

Cheers

BL

nada for us, we did pick up a couple clipped earlier at thrasher tho,
just thought we would pop up for some fun
Tim

Can anyone tell me which direction these fish are coming from? Logic would tell me they are coming from the north heading south, but maybe they swing around Victoria and hold in the Straight until moving further south to the US rivers they originate from?

I really have no clue so if someone does, please enlighten!

Thanks

Back