Nanaimo and Area reports - Spring and Summer 2012

I went out last might from about 5:30-8:00. The wind was down and the fish were biting. We pulled in 2 and had another hit that never stuck between 150-175 feet down. I figure my first ever post might as well have a picture of a fish in it so here is my buddy with his beauty. The other one was a bit smaller but still mid teens.

ForbesyFloat...did you launch at Brechin at that time? There was a Bayliner that we talked to as we were cleaning our fish/packing out at the table briefly...curious if that was you? Great fish!

-FB

Yeah Finished Business, that was us heading out in the Bayliner. Thanks for the info you gave us. We had the first fish on the line within 2 mins of putting the lines down.

Yeah Finished Business, that was us heading out in the Bayliner. Thanks for the info you gave us. We had the first fish on the line within 2 mins of putting the lines down.

No worries. Happy to aide in a few kills!

Great report guy's, nice to see some positive stuff on here.
Lord knows we all could use a thumbs up.
GLG

got a couple springs out off the far finger at 4:30 double header one around 15 one around 8 tried the deep water entrance neck point then got those two bang bang. nice day out there

Nice reports guys, sounded like pretty good fishing today also, could hear hot rods slaying them via the radio as trolled south bowen with only one hit .Wish I was fishing fingers instead.

If FB doesn't post some photo's of his trip soon I'm going to post them for him (as I was the dedicated camera man with a half decent camera instead of the cursed cell phone photos):p. I'm sure he's compiling a great post with gopro video to boot but I don't have a lot of patience............lol.

I went out last might from about 5:30-8:00. The wind was down and the fish were biting. We pulled in 2 and had another hit that never stuck between 150-175 feet down. I figure my first ever post might as well have a picture of a fish in it so here is my buddy with his beauty. The other one was a bit smaller but still mid teens.
Nice work Scotty! Saw BVR post those on Facebook. Good on you guys.

If FB doesn't post some photo's of his trip soon I'm going to post them for him (as I was the dedicated camera man with a half decent camera instead of the cursed cell phone photos):p. I'm sure he's compiling a great post with gopro video to boot but I don't have a lot of patience............lol.

Ya ya...a guy can't catch a breath!!...20 mins and its on the main page!

Ya ya...a guy can't catch a breath!!...20 mins and its on the main page!

Just razzin you man. Take your time.............lol:p.

Oh yeah there is alot of folks waiting for an update on the cabin build over on AAB (just had to add that to your stress level as well) :D.

Last edited by a moderator:
AH CRAP! I literally did a page write up with pictures and then smartly clicked the close button for some stupid reason. lol I will have to do another tommorrow sometime....

Will get to AAB but not much has happened since last report, still trying to find the time to get my lammed up transom into the boat! Can't start the cabin build until the transom is in, pumps are in, and floor is in....going to be posting a wanted add soon, looking for spare hours. haha

Did anyone see the boat with 9 ppl jigging off Entrance Is... this afternoon ? Welded 24ft with twin yammy's... Hewe's maybe... Didnt look safe or legal...

Got out this Sat... Worked really hard for 2 fish, one very nice 27lbs maybe, the other a nice 12lbs.. Army Truck Glow Hootchie popped both.. otherwise slower for us...

Attachments

• IMGP3774.jpg
    IMGP3774.jpg
    92.3 KB · Views: 100
Last edited by a moderator:
Friday at Neck Pt with The Ramblin' Fisherman was pretty good. Limited out w/a 34# whitey.
Sat flat calm, too many boats and guests had trouble getting fish in.

Attachments

• IMGP5592 (Small).JPG
    IMGP5592 (Small).JPG
    83.5 KB · Views: 114
  • IMGP5596 (Small).JPG
    IMGP5596 (Small).JPG
    49.7 KB · Views: 104
fished from 12-3:30 yesterday, was planning on fishing trasher but stayed closer due to the weather. got one 18 out off the far finger around 1 the waves and current were making it difficult to fish where you wanted to, ended up trolling to neck point, got called in early. So we missed the bite looks like it calmed right down after we left.

Neck Pt. is producing well so far today! ;)

Back