Nanaimo and Area reports - Spring and Summer 2012

RIGHT NOW ......... 5 - 6 PM

Off NECK, is on with springs, buddies out for only a while and their banging em.

Hope you get your fish !

HT

OK just got word, 7 30 or so 4 boxed so great evening fish out there right now.

Good luck if your out

Last edited by a moderator:
Anybody see any Orcas out there today? They sure have been hanging around up there a lot recently.... Nice to see people are catching fish again!

I'm off neck point right now too. 2 in the boat but its been a while since our last bite. About half a mile out

What were they biting on?

gonna give Neck Point a shot tonight with my 3 year old.

Good luck and let us know how you do! I have a buddy fishing there now and they are having some decent action.

Had good luck with army truck hootchies too, between 100 and 140 feet deep. Anyone have any idea what river these fish off Nanaimo are returning to?

It was a Marbeld Day Off Nanaimo

Army Truck Spoon and Hootchies were the ticket

Sorry for dropping the ball and missing your email last night Lorne..

Attachments

• P29-05-12_15-22.jpg
    P29-05-12_15-22.jpg
    94.9 KB · Views: 197
  • P29-05-12_15-25.jpg
    P29-05-12_15-25.jpg
    96.2 KB · Views: 188
  • P29-05-12_15-34.jpg
    P29-05-12_15-34.jpg
    92.9 KB · Views: 185
RIGHT NOW ......... 5 - 6 PM

Off NECK, is on with springs, buddies out for only a while and their banging em.

Hope you get your fish !

HT

OK just got word, 7 30 or so 4 boxed so great evening fish out there right now.

Good luck if your out

Hey HT,

Did you or do you know of anyone fishing the rocks at Rockey Point , its got to be hot over there if you guys are nailing them out front, used to fish off the rock there and get 20-30 lb springs buz bombing, who knows ?

Nice fish, nicer boat. Congrats on both.
Thanks Tubber, my Dad and I are very happy we whent ahead and did it... Its very roomy and practicle.. Now we need to see how if fishes for hali's..

Side note, there was losts of bait showing from Rocky pt. down towards lanztville

Sirvivor man,
No not off the rocks yet any way although as you say they do at times, I think they are usually the later runs that were being taken off the shore rocks ..........

a lot of these fish being caught right now out front are in the 400-1000 foot mark for bottom any way ...... guys getting them any where from 70 to 140 and as many state way deeper too,

We'll see hope the wind and weather stay down there are some good fish around.

HT

Beauty fish!

Not a lot of boats out there tonight. The little radio chatter I heard and the couple boats at the ramp weren't too positive.
We did manage one about 8 lbs in about 500 ft of water straight out fron Neck Point in 2 hrs of fishing. My kid was pretty excited about it.

Heading out tomorrow, not sure where our best bet will be. Fingers, Gabriola or Thrasher. Any advice as the board has been kinda quite for a bit. Have the fish moved on?

Thank-you
Tony

Off Neck, Fingers, Snake was good last night ........ some around fish the deep water 400 to 1000. Same deal 70 to 140 feet.

HT

Still some fish around... Quick fish with the family...

Attachments

• IMGP3794.jpg
    IMGP3794.jpg
    96.1 KB · Views: 198
  • IMGP3795.jpg
    IMGP3795.jpg
    84.4 KB · Views: 167
  • IMGP3801.jpg
    IMGP3801.jpg
    92 KB · Views: 161
Fished Nanaimo Saturday and Sunday with not too bad results; released 6 or 7 springs between 8 and 10 lbs., lost 3 - 1 seemed to be a good one, kept 1 @ 19 lbs and another 2 around 10 lbs or so. Sunday afternoon right around the time I had to come off the water to catch the ferry the water laid down nice and flat. It sure made it hard to leave. O well there's always next weekend...

h.e.h.

Back