Nanaimo and Area reports - Spring and Summer 2012

Any reports from the Nanaimo area this week ? Was hoping to see if the fish are still around of if they have moved thru...
Thanks..

Yeah, hoping it lay's down for Friday and Saturday... Family is coming up I they probably have high expectations...lol

i was out yesterday got one at thrasher and one at grande, there should be some fish around this weekend, better tides coming up. good luck out there

Based on the fishing pattern there should be lots of fish around for this year's Silva Bay derby (June 16-17). The derby has over $10,000 in prizes including a Lowrance HDS10 sounder with structure scan. $3000 value. It will be awarded by draw from all derby tickets purchased. You don't have to be there to win it. Great odds. Just get a $25 derby ticket at Harbour Chandler or Gone Fishin. Other prizes include cash, electric downriggers, Ace prawn trap puller, rod and reel combos, etc, etc. Have fun and support a good cause. Proceeds to the Nanaimo River Fish Hatchery.

Send me a PM if you have any questions.

Based on the fishing pattern there should be lots of fish around for this year's Silva Bay derby (June 16-17). The derby has over $10,000 in prizes including a Lowrance HDS10 sounder with structure scan. $3000 value. It will be awarded by draw from all derby tickets purchased. You don't have to be there to win it. Great odds. Just get a $25 derby ticket at Harbour Chandler or Gone Fishin. Other prizes include cash, electric downriggers, Ace prawn trap puller, rod and reel combos, etc, etc. Have fun and support a good cause. Proceeds to the Nanaimo River Fish Hatchery.

Send me a PM if you have any questions.

Awesome stuff Hot Rods. The cause is reason enough to enter.

Great weekend off Nanaimo again... lots of fish still out there... weather and company made for a great weekend... Mix of Red's and Marbled fish

Attachments

• IMGP3807.jpg
    IMGP3807.jpg
    92.4 KB · Views: 197
  • IMGP3808.jpg
    IMGP3808.jpg
    93.4 KB · Views: 223
Got out for a few hours yesterday afternoon. Hooked two fish. Both down deep 180-200 ft. Released one next to the boat as it was hovering around that legal size. Nasty boy spoon. Kept one, 20 lbs on an Irish Creme spoon. Only a few boats out as it was a bit lumpy. No seals to be seen. We were about 2 miles off Neck Point.

Im heading to Gabriola (north end) this weekened and I hear lots of action around Five fingers Island. I have never fished that area before... Can anyone tell me what side/depth to be targeting?

Hats off to all the boats that stayed out last Saturday morning..... kinda bumpy. At one point a wave came right over the bow and soaked all three of us.(not dangerous but good for a laugh!) No Chinook love for us, but that Irish Cream spoon sure looked good in the water.
Cheers

BL

Got off to a late start and was fishing the big mid-day flood.. Got a couple nice fish, weather was off and on... and it looks like a crappy forcast for the fathers day weekend...

Got out today for the low change... Lost one at 930am then nothing...

Buddy was out aswell and hit 2 fish at 9-930 then nothing..

Seems things may have slowed a little off Nanaimo a tad...

Weather good today off Nan? Up here by Parksville it's been blowing like a screaming bee-otch all day.....

Just like all the other days....

What did I do to p*ss the God's off.........

Its been a challenge to say the least... Weather Down here I believe has been a little less windy but not much... makes for a long day off the Fingers, not so bad along Neck point and places closer in...
We could use a weather break thats for sure...

Fishing SUCKED today from what I hear....er...rather...CATCHING sucked. Yesterday didn't sound so great either.....how'd everyone do?

Back