Lures, Tackle and Stuff we used to rave on about...

There is a lot of strip teaser heads still hanging around my fishing tackle collection and I am not entirely sure why I hold on to them. I know about the Baitrix thing a few years ago but as far as cutting bait or trying to run down an expensive and limited supply of herring strip because of past success well I think I have moved on. For those of you that like a little trivia from a bygone age I used to wash my teasers after a hard day fishing and then use a Q tip to apply a light coat of mineral oil in order to keep the plastic from turning cloudy.

Buy a pack of Herring and cut your own while it is still frozen. brine it up a short while and fish away. it out fishes anchovy sometimes!!

A little red paint on clear, i added. Was just what i needed to fish my strip teaser head.More people use round toothpics these days and i don't need a box of toothpicks in my fishing box.So always searching,could be another thead.Things we have pinned a bait holder with.

Last edited by a moderator:
So the natural question is :-

If all this tackle was killer in times gone by.....then....is the tackle being used now way better?

So the natural question is :-

If all this tackle was killer in times gone by.....then....is the tackle being used now way better?

The past weekend we were fishing squirts and we had 6 bites on an "old schoole" squirt pattern, while the purple haze squirt didn't get a bite the entire time. So that day the old stuff worked better then the new stuff -- but really I think it all works at certain times and there's a ton of luck involved.

What happens a lot though is guys fish the gear that most recently caught them fish and then dip into the tackle box when the fish aren't biting. Well if the fish aren't biting then it doesn't matter what you put down, sometimes it's just slow.

you'll catch most your fish on the gear you fish most the time.

Back