Lost my anchor setup on something nasty at Albert head

Optimist

Just wondering if anyone else has encountered a cable like thing that wasn't letting go of the anchor in the Mud Hole south west side i've anchored there for years and on tues i hooked something nasty ,i pulled for an hour breaking my tag line 3 times and finally getting whatever it is up off the bottom only to break my anchor line it was all i could do to get back my float i cut the line to the pully and the ball shot 3 ft in the air,i will get the cordinates for future refference ,just curious .

There is at least setup layin there, must be a cable or something. I know of a guy from Pedder who is a CG aux, he got hung up last year, left it and then pulled it with the big Vic CG rib the next day, rope broke high at the stern tow pin. ER has a mess of old rope thats taking gear too. I dragged up a danforth with a few hundred feet of poly on it last season, must of been 10 rusty hooks with line all mixed in it still.

optimist....funny you mention it. last year went to pull up had to struggle a while and eventually yarded up what looked like a ratler coiled up on meth. 150 lbs maybe of cable....wasn't using the thread at the time. tried to toss it away from any possible fishing grounds prior to heading back to the ramp.

Back