Loggers Derby

Wow! I hope we don't see this shyte at the begining of March! Thanks for the updates FD.

So what happens if Mother Nature pulls another one of these for the derby? Would they cancel it or go with whoever can make it regardless of how many show up?

HAHAHA

Derby goes no matter what ma nature throws at us! And sometimes she does...

I've seen snow, sun, hail, sleet, rain all in the same day at this derby!!

Also seen bluebird shirtless days....

My 12 years old son will be at the derby and we will be staying at the Mills Landing, is anyone else will be bringing their kids ?....
thank you for the info. Fog... wont mind the snow either, never had been fishing in a snowing day " IT WOULD BE FUN, JUST LIKE CHRISTMAS OVER AGAIN "...

Last edited by a moderator:
I will hopefully be going to the derby with a buddy from work. We will be staying at his place over at Salmon Beach. I hope to get a chance to meet some of the guys from the forum around the campfire at the Nook. Good luck to everyone in the derby.

Due to my partners sudden illness, I have his spot available for the Loggers Derby. Room booked already at Mills Landing for March 4 and 5. Leaving Parksville 6:30 am on friday the 4th and maybe try for some hali before the derby. Mail me if interested at: jracz@shaw.ca

Last Update

After a Comical crossing to the Nook , was greeted to a warm dry trailer and a oilers game : )......all good ( Roads mostly clear now )

Met up with Captain GoDeep Raheep and new Boss Man Jerry of Mill`s Landing Saturday Morning . Deep Blue Skies , Crisp , yet calm winds , in our paths ,
to our destination , within minutes , fish 1 to the rail , sweet , over the next few hours , Captain Nish put Deck Hand FD n Rod Handler Gerry to 5 or 6 more fish ta da gunwale , action was pretty steady , nothing huge , but entertaining for sure , Pops were Cold , Weather was Unreal , sum great shots , and im thinkin sum entertaing recordings accumulted on The New Mills Grady electronics , hopes there were summa editing goin on upon my return home Nish , lol,,,
Thanks for dindin Jody , Was daNishous.... Gyros at my trailer Park soon : )

Day 2

Closer to home , Poett Nook Areas ,
Not quite as clear and sunny as Saturday , but really nice , 0 wind , **** on a plate ,
Solo this time , fished from noon to 3pm , 6 fish in total to the rails , the last 2 , Double Header of a 12 - 14lber both bonked to the entetainment of another guide boat directly beside me , they laughed there asses off , what a rush in a small boat... What a weekend...

Prawning was soso , Alot of Traps out again , concerning ??? also , a few traps went missing from a few feller fishers i crossed , as well as a few that were checked and relocated , fn prix ,mine were ok , caution to the derby goers , keep em close to home ,,,,

didnt bother crabbing , Poett Nook had enough floats in the bay to construct a ski slalom , brutal , more traps than Summer,,,,also odd ???

anyhow , the fish are here to be had , hope the weather co-operates , look forward to it , see ya next week ...

later

FD

sum pix

IMG00087-20110219-1659.jpg

IMG00086-20110219-1652.jpg

IMG00089-20110219-1701.jpg

IMG00084-20110219-1651.jpg

thanks for the update! bunch a clipped fish there...those columbians showing up already?
You gonna make an appearance at Nish's swaray next weekend? Would like to see if you're as nuts in person as you are through your keyboard :)

Back