Kicker Control

G-Auto

I have purchased a new to me boat, The kicker has Panther steering on it but no throttle control.. On my old boat it allowed me to sit on the transom and use a tiller handle which I didn't mind at all. However the new boat doesn't allow for that and its a super PIA reaching over the transom all the time to turn the throttle. What is everyone using for controls?

It's a Yamaha 9.9
you will need a throttle and shift kit, cable and a side mount control box.
i dont believe the trollmaster/itroll kits can do remote shift.

check your year before you buy :
Manufacturer: Yamaha
OEM Part Number: 63V-48501-00-00
Part: THROTTLE & SHIFT KIT

and check your style :
flush mount kit:

and length of steer cable :

can probably get it all installed at GA checkpoint but they will charge you an arm and a leg. can also just buy parts from them directly or online.

i bought mine online and then just bought the steer cable from poco marine once i had it all installed and could measure it. took 3-4 hrs to get it all in.

I have purchased a new to me boat, The kicker has Panther steering on it but no throttle control.. On my old boat it allowed me to sit on the transom and use a tiller handle which I didn't mind at all. However the new boat doesn't allow for that and its a super PIA reaching over the transom all the time to turn the throttle. What is everyone using for controls?
Would a tiller handle extension work? They aren't expensive.

I had a iTroll on last boat. Worked very well to adjust trolling speed. Doesn’t shift into gear however at idle speed boat speed is negligible so shifting into neutral wasn’t important.

I had a iTroll on last boat. Worked very well to adjust trolling speed. Doesn’t shift into gear however at idle speed boat speed is negligible so shifting into neutral wasn’t important.
I agree, I am not worried about the shifting. Did iTroll take care of steering as well or sync to the panther? I am reading that the TrollMaster can sync to the panther allowing full steering and throttle control from one remote from what I understand.

I agree, I am not worried about the shifting. Did iTroll take care of steering as well or sync to the panther? I am reading that the TrollMaster can sync to the panther allowing full steering and throttle control from one remote from what I understand.
I don’t believe itroll is compatible with panther but best bet would be to contact them and ask for sure. Troll master is nice stuff and seems to adapt well to the remote steering upgrades available out there today

Back