What are they worth? 2006 Yamaha f150s

Buckethead905

I have a pair of 2006 Yamaha F150 engines that are original to my 06’ Pursuit 2470. They have a pair of Yamaha stainless props (19 pitch) and one is counter-rotating. They are paired with the factory Yamaha dual binnacle controls (manual with new Uflex throttle and shift cables on both motors.) I replaced the cables as we only troll on the mains and I wanted more precise speed control after coming off a kicker and itroll setup in our previous boat. They also have the 4 Yamaha digital gauges; 2x tach, speed, and fuel management. I purchased the boat from the original owner and have all the maintenance records. I have maintained them since then with Yamaha oil and Baldwin oil filters. Zincs replaced annually. I replaced the harmonic balancers with Yamaha’s newest version as these engines were known to be problematic with the gears in the factory balancers (have receipts). Both motors are around 700 hours, are in immaculate condition and run perfectly.

Here are a couple of pics.

What do you guys think these are worth? I want to go back to a single with a kicker that has precision throttle control, otherwise I would hang onto these as they handle quite a bit better than a boat with a single and get me 2.6 MPG at 29mph. Unfortunately the engines on the 2470 are quite far apart and don’t allow the mounting of a kicker without some ugly offset kicker bracket.

Attachments

• IMG_7394.jpeg
    IMG_7394.jpeg
    203.7 KB · Views: 98
  • IMG_7396.jpeg
    IMG_7396.jpeg
    206.9 KB · Views: 94
  • IMG_7395.jpeg
    IMG_7395.jpeg
    180.1 KB · Views: 115
  • IMG_8370.jpeg
    IMG_8370.jpeg
    390.7 KB · Views: 119
  • IMG_8478.jpeg
    IMG_8478.jpeg
    224 KB · Views: 120
That’s a tough one. Here in B.C. you might find someone willing to pay 20k or more for the package. But a member can’t move his new seapro 150. Yours is probably a 50k-60k new package with taxes. Buying used direct they save on the taxes. My buddy can’t move his 200 big blocks with new exhausts and slightly higher hours.

If I had another set lined up I’d list them for 19,875

If I wasn’t in a hurry I’d try for the 23-24k complete with controls and possibly hydraulic steering if you plan to upgrade your steering anyways.

If it was me I’d research adding a Minn Kota quest trolling motor. I don’t think kickers are worth it, my buddy got a quote for 10k for a custom kicker, with steering.

Sorry it took so long… I couldn’t stop staring at the pics of your boat. I’m in love!

I agree with the others of the price point of $10k per motor rigged. You can always try higher and see if they get attention. If they don’t, pull the ad and relist lower a few days later.

$10-12K each, based on my recent research.
Curious how you came up with those prices? I would have said half that. Here’s a couple sets on marketplace. The ones not sold have been for sale for months, obviously not in nearly as minty shape as buckets and higher hours. I’d give a couple yami dealers a call and ask what they would offer then add on a few thousand.

Attachments

• IMG_3959.jpeg
    IMG_3959.jpeg
    135.3 KB · Views: 35
  • IMG_3956.jpeg
    IMG_3956.jpeg
    137.8 KB · Views: 33
Also I would just keep the twins and put on an offset transom bracket, I'm sure it wouldn't bug you that much 😂

I have a pair of f150’s (08 & 09), that were valued at $9500 each last June from a surveyor, with 340hrs.

Curious how you came up with those prices? I would have said half that. Here’s a couple sets on marketplace. The ones not sold have been for sale for months, obviously not in nearly as minty shape as buckets and higher hours. I’d give a couple yami dealers a call and ask what they would offer then add on a few thousand.
Looks like I was high even on $19,875

My buddy tried that on his 1100 hour 04 200’s and got most offers at 10k (don’t quote me this is from memory)

Always check what’s selling and is not, members new merc at 15k w controls is the biggest warning sign.

Back