Is this legal?

Status
Not open for further replies.

fisherman1313

I just watched the new video they put up from Winter Harbor... Just in the video I see 3 Lingcod being gaffed for one person (he mentions he's caught 4 fish in the video) the evidence: (1:53, 4:30, 5:50, 5:41). From my knowledge, the daily limit for each angler in that area is 2. Later on, I see a huge halibut being bonked and stuffed into their box (which definitely looks oversize, the fish is bent yet the length is still well above his waist, almost to the chest) Evidence: (16:00) and although they don't show it being put on the hooks, it also looks like they may be using whole salmon for bait (in parts of the video you can see what looks to be like frozen or otherwise disformed whole salmon in the sides of the boat) Evidence: (9:57, 10:17), however this is all just a suspicion. I may be missing something here, are there different rules when you are aboard a charter boat? I'm not very familiar with charter operations, so I may just be asking a dumb question. I'm not trying to police what's going on in our waters, just genuinely curious. Thanks for any information !!

I just watched the new video they put up from Winter Harbor... Just in the video I see 3 Lingcod being gaffed for one person (he mentions he's caught 4 fish in the video) the evidence: (1:53, 4:30, 5:50, 5:41). From my knowledge, the daily limit for each angler in that area is 2. Later on, I see a huge halibut being bonked and stuffed into their box (which definitely looks oversize, the fish is bent yet the length is still well above his waist, almost to the chest) Evidence: (16:00) and although they don't show it being put on the hooks, it also looks like they may be using whole salmon for bait (in parts of the video you can see what looks to be like frozen or otherwise disformed whole salmon in the sides of the boat) Evidence: (9:57, 10:17), however this is all just a suspicion. I may be missing something here, are there different rules when you are aboard a charter boat? I'm not very familiar with charter operations, so I may just be asking a dumb question. I'm not trying to police what's going on in our waters, just genuinely curious. Thanks for any information !!
believe none of what you see, half of what you hear ,carfull of the words you choose to say ,and for christ sake don't hurt anyone .welcome to the forum.

Ling cod limits are 2 per day per person in that area. a 126cm halibut is pretty large, about 60lbs, you would expect one close to that size to be measured while still in the water, but it is also legal to keep larger halibut if the guide is participating in the experimental quota program, and the proper paperwork is filled out and payment by the customer is collected and submitted.

Didn't view the vid so not commenting on it but here is a legal 1251/2 cm hali so it isn't small. Both people are over 6 ft and the fish weighed 69 lbs Just for perspective-I have seen a legal 71lbs-but Jim is right they may have been purchasing quota in which case the sky is the limit!!
DSC01113.JPG

looks like there was two guides on bord so can catch his limit and his guides limit or the camera mans or whoever's.

looks like there was two guides on bord so can catch his limit and his guides limit or the camera mans or whoever's.

This is why these threads have no useful purpose as they have no context based on the situation and are filled with supposition and innuendo. Due to this fact they do not survive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back