Nootka Fishing zones

LeviVerch

Hey guys! Probably sounds like a dumb question but was just looking at the regulations for this summer as I was planning an early July (Before the 15th) trip and was told you can normally keep fish within a mile of the shoreline at that time. Was hoping to fish beano and other spots but looked on the map and it looks like it is closed. Is anyone able to help me out with confirming this or telling me otherwise as it may not be worth it if I have to stay inside in order to keep anything. Thanks in advanced! Cheers.

it was time consuming but i added the gps coordinates from Beano all the way to Estevan point on my plotter. there is absolute piles of awesome fishable water within that 1nm line. Beano is one of my fave early season spots.

Good to know thanks a lot. Any general advice for fishing early season? Heard they can be "flasher shy" but never fished the area. Will be up their first week of July. Anything helps and best of luck to you.

They won’t be flasher shy. But just talk to the groups there when you arrive, if you go to a lodge/resort. The folks at the cleaning table will tell you what is working and where, wind dependent. Everyone is pretty honest about what they tried, what worked, what didn’t. Squid might be there at that time. If so, white hootchie or a turd and pretty much bouncing bottom at Beano can be good when the bite is on. But anywhere friendly cove out to Beano or across the way from Burdwood outwards could be the hot spot. Cleaning table is where you’ll get your intel. It changes daily out there. And each year is not the same. You’ll get fish if the wind cooperates for your trip.

They won’t be flasher shy. But just talk to the groups there when you arrive, if you go to a lodge/resort. The folks at the cleaning table will tell you what is working and where, wind dependent. Everyone is pretty honest about what they tried, what worked, what didn’t. Squid might be there at that time. If so, white hootchie or a turd and pretty much bouncing bottom at Beano can be good when the bite is on. But anywhere friendly cove out to Beano or across the way from Burdwood outwards could be the hot spot. Cleaning table is where you’ll get your intel. It changes daily out there. And each year is not the same. You’ll get fish if the wind cooperates for your trip.
Thanks a lot this is very helpful!

The fish can be flasher shy inside the sound. that time of year you will be concentrating your efforts from friendly cove to Beano creek area. i’ve had good success with small spoons but like csm sed, squid will change the whole game

Back