HWY 4 Height restriction to Port Alberni?

Does any one know if there is a site or someone with knowledge of any ht. restrictions on HWY 4 to Port Alberni? I know HWY 19 is all good but unfamiliar with HWY 4
Thinking of towing my boat to Port Alberni this August and was wondering if there were any ht. restrictions on that Hwy.
I need clearance for a 12-6" high (3.81 meters) boat and trailer . I have towed up to Gold river a few times and the bridges have all been high enough. I have traveled to Port alberni years ago with a smaller rig and never paid attention to the overpasses then.
Thanks in Advance.

I need 13'5" for my boat and have towed all the way in to Ucluelet and Gold River many times with no problems.

Max legal height in BC is 4.15m (13'6"). All those chip trucks and logging trucks you see going in and out of Port Alberni daily are 13'6". You'll be fine. Just don't get too close to Angel Rock (south of Cathedral Grove) on your way out.

Last edited:
Max legal height in BC is 4.15m (13'6"). All those chip trucks and logging trucks you see going in and out of Port Alberni daily are 13'6". You'll be fine. Just don't get too close to Angel Rock (south of Cathedral Grove) on your way out.

you can go higher with a permit I believe. but you would still have to check the highways for max height restrictions. i'm 13'5" also and haven't had an issues going into ucluelet or up to gold river...

Thanks everyone, were are heading out tomorrow. Water is looking better for us in the Straits so we will be running the boat up from Seattle, should hit Islands west by mid to late afternoon.
Tight lines everybody!!!

Back