Gardening pics, hacks, successes, and or failures

Anyone else’s garlic look like it is close to finishing up? Mine seem to be reaching the desired amount of browning for the leaves…

one leave (botton one) on each plant is starting to die on mine. Mine are 50% shade tho

I bought a giant bag of scapes from the farmers market today. I'm planning on picking them. Anyone every done this?

Yah the wife got a few today. Thats actually a deep laundry sink thats in our garage.

We dehydrate them then process them for homemade garlic powder.

53003591269_c6e5377427_z.jpg

Pulled the garlic and hung it in a tree to dry for a bit.
Other stuff is coming on.
Columba first early spuds look decent. The plan is to get some new seedling in the open spaces.
Now if I could grow some ribs, brisket and prawns in raised beds...IMG_20230629_111205308.jpgIMG_20230629_114646636.jpg

I freed up some garden space and need some ideas on what to plant at this time of the year. It’s a raised bed 6’ long by 2’ wide and gets about 5 hours of sun. I have plenty of tomatoes, peppers and cucumbers in another spot. Plus a couple of romaine plants and arugula. I was thinking ever-bearing strawberries, peas and some more lettuce plants.

I freed up some garden space and need some ideas on what to plant at this time of the year. It’s a raised bed 6’ long by 2’ wide and gets about 5 hours of sun. I have plenty of tomatoes, peppers and cucumbers in another spot. Plus a couple of romaine plants and arugula. I was thinking ever-bearing strawberries, peas and some more lettuce plants.
Beets and carrots

Pulled the garlic and hung it in a tree to dry for a bit.
Other stuff is coming on.
Columba first early spuds look decent. The plan is to get some new seedling in the open spaces.
Now if I could grow some ribs, brisket and prawns in raised beds...View attachment 94162View attachment 94163
Geez you guys are over a month ahead of us out here.

Seeing your tied garlic my wife found a video last fall and used this method, it looks hard but its so easy and fast. Give it a go if you want.

53011162977_4085fe8a95_c.jpg

Geez you guys are over a month ahead of us out here.

Seeing your tied garlic my wife found a video last fall and used this method, it looks hard but its so easy and fast. Give it a go if you want.

53011162977_4085fe8a95_c.jpg
After the dirt is dryer, I'll brush it off, trim the roots and hang the bunches in the basement. I don't have a 2500 square foot garlic/boat shop.

Okanagan is great for some crops and tougher for others. Peas, radish, spinach, most lettuce are done already. Tomatoes are looking to begin turning colour July15ish.

Back