Fishing sunshine coast, desolaton sound area

C

Cody-

Im heading up there for 3 weeks this sunday, and was hoping to do some fishing maybe even saltwater flyfishing but as loing as im fishing its good :D Any help is appreciated

Cody
Powell River area is still producing some nice fish. Most are in the 80-120 depth and some areas 140. Blubber Bay at the north end of Texada, Grants Reef and off of the millsite.
Green silver combinations of hootchie or coyote are working well as are the wonderbread and a purple hootchie(purple haze??)
Lots of just undersize, so practise conservation if it looks small or too close to tell without lifting it into the boat I try not to.
Tide slack 1hour before and after seem to be the best producers.
Some fish off the iron mines as you near Lund, however have not made my way by there lately.
With any luck SIR can fill you in on some areas of Desolation and the northside from Lund.
Prawning has been good and so has crabbing.

** Remember the northside of Harwood Island facing towards Savary Island is closed to Chinook salmon fishing. And there are now 5 Rockfish Conservation Areas in the Desolation Sound Area **
Effective June 15 to August 15 there is non-retention of chinook salmon in the following waters:
• Those waters of Algerine and Shearwater Passages bounded by a line from the southern most point of Harwood Island southerly to the navigational light on Rebecca Rocks hence northwest to the easterly most point to Vivian Island then northerly to the navigational marker at Mystery Reef hence west to the navigational marker on Atrevida Reef then southerly to the northern most point of Harwood Island then hence along the western shore of Harwood Island back to the point of commencement at the most southerly tip of Harwood Island.
2007 CHINOOK and COHO REGULATIONS

has any one heard anything about secret cove and buccaneer bay i heard that arewa is producing fish also

Yes, some fish are getting caught. There are lots of undersize around, with a few keepers being reported. I managed to boat a 16 pounder last saturday.

I was fishing Grants Ref last week ago and lots of undersize,lots.Finaaly felt a good one on and it was a seal

Back