Lingcod/rockfish in the Victoria/Sidney/Sooke region.

Deaner

Hi. Im fairly new to saltwater fishing. I recently purchased a 14 foot Lund and want to get my son out to do some jigging for lingcod/rockfish/salmon. We have absolutely no idea where to start around the area. Any advice or direction would be greatly appreciated.
Cheers and thanks in advance.

If you have a fish finder leave from esquimalt anglers and head into about 80-100 feet of water and then head towards the harbour. Go toward the green can look for bait balls or signs of diving birds, watch for traffic and cut across towards brotchie. Look for signs all the way along Dallas road to clover point and back. Springs and Pinks.

Someone should give you a good plan for Sooke, Beacher bay. Pick up a book on fishing vancouver island I forget the name but it has spots and Salmon University I think is the website that has some good stuff.

If you have a fish finder leave from esquimalt anglers and head into about 80-100 feet of water and then head towards the harbour. Go toward the green can look for bait balls or signs of diving birds, watch for traffic and cut across towards brotchie. Look for signs all the way along Dallas road to clover point and back. Springs and Pinks.

Someone should give you a good plan for Sooke, Beacher bay. Pick up a book on fishing vancouver island I forget the name but it has spots and Salmon University I think is the website that has some good stuff.
Thanks so much!
Is the book you are referring to called The Vancouver Island Fishing Guide by DC Reid by chance?

Back