Favorite knots for tying gear

Hoochiebob

O.K.,another polling thread for everyone.
What is your favorite knot for your gear?
After much experimenting I have come up with a variation of the improved clinch and trilene knot.Never lost one yet but it seems to be a bit of a pain to cinch.
For braid it has to be a palomar.
My fishing partner always uses a basic clinch-ties up in seconds but he always seems to lose a few every year to bad knots.
Anyone?

I saw a fishing knot demonstrated on a fishing show I taped once and have used it for years. I believe he called it the fold over knot on the show. I have searched for a site with the knot demonstrated, but I can't find the exact knot. I did find one link that is almost identical with one step omitted. It is almost identical to the San Diego Jam Knot illustrated in the link below. I omit step 3, I don't put the line between the loop at the bottom. Other than that my knot is identical to the diagram.

I tried this knot as illustrated, and it is also a very good knot. The beauty of the knot I use is it may be used on almost any type of line. Mono from the lightest test to 120 pound test can be tied with this knot. I usually use six wraps for 20 pound mono, more wraps for lighter test, and less for heavier. It also works extremely well for super braids, I usually use 10 to 12 wraps for tying spectra. This knot also works well on flourocarbon.This knot does not slip or break in my experience using it for years. Give it a try it is extremely easy to tie, and very reliable.

http://www.netknots.com/html/fishing_knots.html#

I use Uni knot with all line. Easy to tie in the dark or when you don't have you 1.5 glasses. GLG

I learned a new knot the other day. It looks and works great. It is called the rivers inlet knot. What you do is double the line pass it through the eye wrap it like a regular cinch knot around the two lines and back through the loop. Its like a regular single cinch knot, but doubled. It is supposed to hold 100% of its knot strength.

Back