Tying Tackle

I use Radiant Red UV tubing instead of beads. If you are getting short strikes, like lately, then use tandem hooks.

No prob.....

In this pic you will notice that the clip on the left has a narrower end on it than the one on the right which is stock.

It was filed down because:- When you have the clip on the back setting for strong grip, sometimes the line will pull it sideways momentarily and then it will 'pop" back to the first setting which is not so strong and next thing you know
you are winding in your flasher and tackle to reset it because it came out of the clip.

With the edges filed down narrower there is more room for the line to go sideways (which could happen in certain circumstances) and as a result you get less tackle "pullouts" and "resets".

Works for me. I always have it back on the stronger setting 99% of the time

Attachments

• term012 001.jpg
    term012 001.jpg
    92.9 KB · Views: 139
I always add an extra beadchain in FRONT of the flasher for better performance...as in this pic. FRONT of flasher....

This is a "highspeed' beadchain. In my opinion it is built a bit stronger than the regular ball beadchain.
But you can use the ball beadchain if you have to....just get the bigger strong one not the small one.

Some guys put large beads and tees in front of the beadchain or ball bearing claiming it prevents weed hangups.

I've tried it and it doesn't make much difference for me really. Besides...the more stuff you put on the line the more rotational resistance you have ...so keep it simple like in the pic.

Enniberg's post where he shows how SushiHunter rigs his hoochies is another good method too. Commercial hoochies are rigged quite similar to that.

Attachments

• term012 002.jpg
    term012 002.jpg
    82 KB · Views: 140
Last edited by a moderator:
Back