E.C.V.I.

Hey clam, ya I know how busy things are, it's been cray at work. I think it's even worse after the week we had with no cell phones, chores or women! Hope you have time to edit all that video before Christmas. I.E.

Skunked this morn. Did a pass at gerald there was no boats. WEnt to winchelsea where there were reports this week of decent fish. 15 boats + in the gap didnt see one caught. Left after an hour or two went to ballenas. Bait around all areas but no fish[xx(] Someone also syphoned gas outta my boat i think ill post in general

Nothin yet ill run up next chance i get but it wont be till the 16th-18th and they should be around by then. Man thats a fun fishery

Hey Kelly, someone syphoned gas at Beachcomber? I kinda doubt it, why would'nt they just grab a couple electic downriggers instead. I've been down there for a long time and never had any trouble. There is video surveillance and you could review it. Anyway no luck eh? I'm gonna give er a go in the am.

Thats what i was thinking but did find out it was probaly my dad. No fish at the three spots i fished. I heard sangster had a few on sunday a guy got 2 so that might be worth a peek.

I went out and checked my traps and dropped another set.Prawning is OK right now.I managed a quick troll at Ballenas and caught another dogfish on a spoon. I can't remember ever catching those bastards on a spoon before and I've got about four or five this year and I definitely was'nt going too slow. I have 3 days off after Sat. so I hope some nice fish start to show up. Kelly have you tried Young point since the derby?

Nope i havent tried it and i dont think many if anyone has been. I heard a boat smoked the rocks out of schooner cove today! Ouch! He raced it into the marina before it sank and flagged someone with a truck down and grabbed a trailer and pulled it out. [xx(] worst nightmare. Oh yea greg if your interested in trying out the little or big Q on the afternoon-eve bite sunday gimme a shout we can split gas. Fish might be startin to show as i remember seeing them in the hatch mid august a few years back

I've never fished the BQ, only the LQ and it can be a gong show in late Aug., early Sept.I'd love to go maybe we can round up a few boats.I don't think the markers will be up yet.

You'd likely be wasting your gas this early...although I tried it last year on Aug 6. There seemed to be fish around, but all we caught was a jack with one other hit.
Two years ago, the weather was similar to this summer (I think) and the hottest fishing at the Little Q was 1st 1/2 of September, with the peek around the 10th to 15th.
Last year with the cooler temps was a couple weeks earlier.

Give it a try, and prove me wrong!:D

Went out this morning and checked the traps and had a decent haul on three and one big fat octopus in the fourth. He even unscrewed the bait jar after he ate all the prawns! I hear ther're good Hali bait but ther're just too cool to kill.Gonna try tomorrow for salmon.

Went out solo yesterday. Bushy's in love, time to find a new fishin buddy. Ran across to Sangster/Young Point and nothing. Had a little jig at the south end of Sangster and pulled up a huge Cabozon(probably 10lbs+) and let him go.Went to ballenas and limited in half an hour. Right on bottom, one on hootchy and one on spoon. They were'nt huge (10 and 12lbs)but it felt good to have to come in cause I was limited!What a beautiful day. Hey Kelly, when are you back?

BRS that must have been you we saw at young point yesterday two lines down fishing by yourself, good for you out there solo. my dad brought his boat down to french creek for the week so I'm going up there to fish with him every day so we trolled around sangster and young point all afternnon, not a hit then all of a sudden double header I lost mine after it peeled quite a bit of line so I'm thinking it was a nice size my dad boated his around 20, I was trying to figure out where to go today so I think Ballenas is where we'll try, thanks for the report
killer

Mr.K, that must have been you in the Double Eagle.I thought you were a buddy of mine, that's why I trolled over towards you and then veered off. How deep were you trolling off Sangster?

yup that was us, I was 87 feet down just north of sangster, we just got lucky none of the other boats out there got anything so I'm thinking it's not that hot over there, I'm bringing my 4 year old daughter out today so ballenas sounds like the best bet, thanks again for that report

Hope you had a good day Mr.K. the sun was shining. Buddy got a 23 and 27lb off ballenas this morning, might try myself tomorrow. I'll keep an eye open for you.

it was a beauty afternoon, only got one in the mid twenties at gerald but we mostly fished balenas lost a nice one out there and that was it none of the other boats got anything either, good luck tommorrow it's supposed to be another nice day

Another nice day Mr.K hope you hooked into a couple after I left. I was supposed to work at noon but I always want to make one more pass. I hooked another damn dogfish on a spoon on my first pass and the hook was in his dorsal fin. It was a chore to get him in.

that was my Dad you saw I couldn't go today he's coming for dinner tonight so I haven't got his report yet, must have been nice out there,. either way we're having barbecued salmon prawns and crab cakes for dinner tonight BURP!:D

Sonds like a great supper. I guess your Dad was wondering who the hell this guy is zooming up and chatting. He was right on the line where I got 2 the other day and my buddy got two nice ones yesterday.

Back