Derby's Canuck emporium

Brutal...seconds before I said to the gf, can tell they're going to score...boom, back of net. They had the poise of the veteran team, not the Canucks. At game 2, so they better win!

19 times out of 20 that's a high stick and play is dead. Outcome might have been different.
Nucks didn't deserve to win that game anyways.
It's Sedins and Burrows last good chance. They go pointless next game we will lose.
And Bettman wants an American team(s) to go to the final. An all Canadian final would be a disaster for him.

The refs are what they are. Preds vs Hawks last night was awful, both ways ,thankfully. They could count however as each team got six minors. Some nights that is the best you can hope for.

Conspiracy theorists should stick to the NBA.

If all the series goes the way the first two days went, looks like no upsets in the first round. Best teams won.

Sent from my iPhone

And Bettman wants an American team(s) to go to the final. An all Canadian final would be a disaster for him.

This statement comes out from Canadians all the time, but where's the facts to support it? Last time I looked, the only multi billion dollar TV rights deal in hockey was with Rogers. If Canada's where the money is, why would a Canadian final be a disaster? Throwaway anti American sentiments play well here, but they don't always have substance..

This statement comes out from Canadians all the time, but where's the facts to support it? Last time I looked, the only multi billion dollar TV rights deal in hockey was with Rogers. If Canada's where the money is, why would a Canadian final be a disaster? Throwaway anti American sentiments play well here, but they don't always have substance..

I am no conspiracy theorist in the least and don't subscribe to that BS. I don't question the leagues integrity on this point at all.

All that being said, there is plenty of evidence to suggest that Bettman and the NHL would favour an all American final every year from a potential growth perspective (most important part of business). Preferably 2 original 6 teams (ala Boston vs. Chicago in 2013) or an original 6 team vs. a California team (ala NYR vs. LA in 2014). Those series were two of the most watched of all time on both sides of the boarder. Even if an all canadian final had better total viewership overall than an all American final, US tv ratings would be way down. I doubt that ratings in Canada would make up the difference in losses south of the boarder, especially so if it was say Winnipeg vs. Ottawa as neither team has a very large fan base, the argument might be made for a Vancouver Montreal final. There is little room for growth in the Canadian market and plenty of room for growth in the US market. The Canadian tv deal is exactly why the NHL would want all American finals, so they can increase viewership and sign a deal like that south of the boarder! Canadians are all in on the cup regardless of what country it's hoisted in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If all the series goes the way the first two days went, looks like no upsets in the first round. Best teams won.

Sent from my iPhone

Interesting take considering 5 of 8 games were won by the road team...

Still the Canucks thread, right?

Must win tonight, way too close a match-up, in my opinion, to go down 2-0 and expect to win 4 out of 5.

Go Canucks Go!!

Ukee

The D has got to be better, Bieksa, sbisa and weber really struggled with the flames forecheck

Back