Cuts of meat on sale

I got my three roasts today and another 16 fresh oyster for appetizers tonight.
Since the oyster sale, we have purchased 7 dozen and not a bad one yet.
They even gave me 28 oysters on a two dozen order.
Did you order online and pick up?

View attachment 73112
Confirming Thrifty's sale and they have stock
Picked up a few yesterday morning and had 1 for dinner last night, pretty damned good, the ribeye steaks are still on for 18.99lb so grabbed a couple more. also picked up a dozen oysters for an appy last night, pretty good but a couple were a little mushy which is unusual for this time of year. we are pretty spoiled with oysters as a friend is an oyster farmer and we get them from him the day he harvests them. no idea how long some of those were in the store we had last night although overall they were good.

Super store in Nanaimo has rib roasts for $8.88/lbs today and tomorrow only. Just be warned it is crazy in there...

Super store in Nanaimo has rib roasts for $8.88/lbs today and tomorrow only. Just be warned it is crazy in there...
Superstore's Prime Rib on sale right now is AA. Thrifty's is AAA
I have found the difference in tenderness and flavor sometimes significant.
"the main difference between the grades is the amount of marbling. Prime beef has slightly abundant marbling; AAA has small marbling; AA has slight marbling; A has traces of marbling.
The more marbling the more flavorful and juicy the meat will be.
Hence, a premium is frequently paid for AAA cuts over AA cuts".

Superstore's Prime Rib on sale right now is AA. Thrifty's is AAA
I have found the difference in tenderness and flavor sometimes significant.
"the main difference between the grades is the amount of marbling. Prime beef has slightly abundant marbling; AAA has small marbling; AA has slight marbling; A has traces of marbling.
The more marbling the more flavorful and juicy the meat will be.
Hence, a premium is frequently paid for AAA cuts over AA cuts".
I can confirm they don't have the same marbling as thriftys but I'm sure it's going to be delicious for dinner tomorrow night!

Canned Tuna ( did exactly the same as our salmon) for lunch today , bought a couple of loins (14$@ lb) for an experiment at the Gov wharf in Sooke , all the wife and I could say was the collective WOW! definitely doing a few cases next year. No pics of the sangys went to fast.....Best Regards (oops wrong thread meant to post on the dinner thread )

Attachments

• 20210325_133815.jpg
    20210325_133815.jpg
    48.5 KB · Views: 36
  • 20210325_155514.jpg
    20210325_155514.jpg
    107.6 KB · Views: 36
  • 20211223_152227.jpg
    20211223_152227.jpg
    157.2 KB · Views: 36
I can confirm they don't have the same marbling as thriftys but I'm sure it's going to be delicious for dinner tomorrow night!
yup me too, I was in the SS in nvan seymour today and had a look , very little marbling if any, I had picked up a few from thriftys the other day which were very good. tough to beat the price though, SS's should be fine.

It's the time of year when pork legs and shoulders come on sale. I have been buying them for $1. lb the last couple of years, perhaps with all the other price increases they will be more this year. Has anyone heard anything yet?

It's the time of year when pork legs and shoulders come on sale. I have been buying them for $1. lb the last couple of years, perhaps with all the other price increases they will be more this year. Has anyone heard anything yet?
im watching too!!! its normally about the first week of jan

I was at Walmart in Langford yesterday and saw 1/2 whole strip loins on sale for $7.97 per lb. These were grade AAA vacuum packed and looked pretty good as far as I could see through the packaging.
...Rob
I took a flyer and bought a half loin. Produced 8 x 1.5 in thick steaks. Had one for dinner the day we bought them and vac packed the rest. They were really good steaks especially considering the price. One steak was enough for the wife and I.

Back