Best meat thermometer EVER

Islandgirl

I wanted a wireless ( totally) meat thermometer for cooking on the Green Egg. I picked up the 'meater plus' from Amazon as I could not find it locally. It is excellent, I am so impressed with it. It even calculates the temperature for the rest time. I have cooked a huge turkey breast perfectly with it as well as a pork roast.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220703-141534.png
    Screenshot_20220703-141534.png
    159.5 KB · Views: 72
Yup,, wife got me one this spring absolutely the best thermometer I’ve ever used. Easy hands free operation. Have used it probably 6 or 8 times already and it’s deadly bang on. The estimated time to cook is very bang on, as well as the rest time feature. The only thing it does have a problem with is it will lose communication with the head unit if it’s in the oven in a covered metal pan. It’s kind of in and out some what. But that’s not done often enough to be an issue.

Well worth the price of admission this tool.

I bought the Maverick Stake meat thermometer because it was the only one I could find locally. I wish I bought the Meater. The "Stake" one doesn't have the case that acts as a repeater for the signal so it doesn't go that far. It says it goes like 50' but it doesn't if you have the oven door shut. You basically have to have a phone in the same room or the next room over or else it will lose signal, so what's really the benefit compared to a wired thermometer? I have an old Iphone that I hook up to the thermometer so that I can still have my regular phone to use if I'm in another room.

I'm going to order the Meater one of these days.

Last edited:
The meater is more expensive because it's wireless. But I like the one that you posted. Can keep on a eye on temps on the BBQ while you are cooking inside. I just ordered one and will give it a whirl.

I bought this one and I really like it. It was on sale at Canadian tire for like $89 at the time. The range on the wireless receiver is way bigger than any Bluetooth one I ever had. Plus it's nice that you don't have to use your phone.

We find this adequate under 30$ all in, so far has out lasted Kuradori and Grillpro , I have no faith in Bluetooth or wireless. Best regards

Attachments

• 20220926_105048.jpg
    20220926_105048.jpg
    48.5 KB · Views: 14
Hardwired but awesome unit for the $. Tether is about 2’ long. Would love the OP unit however.

Attachments

• 45BA01B8-6B88-45F8-9E28-8E86CDA909FF.png
    45BA01B8-6B88-45F8-9E28-8E86CDA909FF.png
    339.4 KB · Views: 6
We also use this for shooting Pizza stones and thin stuff in the smoker, jerky ect...

Attachments

• 20220927_120923.jpg
    20220927_120923.jpg
    71.4 KB · Views: 27
Back