Good deal on Milwaukee M12 kit

Alex_c

They have a few in stock in Squamish, but I got Summit tools to mostly match the price at $329.99

I wanted a cordless ratchet and most of my cordless stuff is Makita, but for $100 more than the Makita ratchet bare tool, I got that whole kit which will be perfect for camping, offroading, working on the property up north etc.

Thought I’d share the deal in case anyone was looking.

Summit also has some pretty slick rechargeable work lights on sale for $17
IMG_8159.jpeg

Pretty bright and surprisingly well built/not flimsy.

Anyway, Summit Tools is awesome. Definitely not interested in finding out how much money I have spent there over the last decade.

That kit is a good deal, it’s not FUEL but more than adequate for home use. Get yourself a 2.5 ah battery those 1.5 get eaten up fairly fast especially on the Sawzall!

That kit is a good deal, it’s not FUEL but more than adequate for home use. Get yourself a 2.5 ah battery those 1.5 get eaten up fairly fast especially on the Sawzall!

I drilled some 1/4” holes in 1/4” mild steel and drove some 3 1/2” robertsons into some wood.
The impact is kinda wimpy, but with a socket drive adapter it will still bust off smaller fasteners.
The drill is surprisingly good, and has a mechanical clutch, which is essential for electronics and other small hardware. Can’t stand the electric clutches on the FUEL drills. The form factor is better for light duty work too.
The ratchet will be a life saver and the hackzall will be good for chopping up small firewood with a bigger battery. Was gonna spend $300 for the 2 battery kit and the ratchet bare tool or $400+ for the FUEL ratchet and battery kit, so I pretty much got 3.5 tools for free lol

Last edited:
Nice looking kit. I’ve been thinking about upgrading to brushless someday, only “need” for it would be if I went to thin line pawning with Promariners trap hauler setup.
My Makita LXT drill is 12 years old and the chuck is getting tired. I’ll get a brushless the next time I have to drill a bunch of holes in plate steel and get sick of the chuck going loose.

Back