Commander 26 Re Build

This build is the definition of 'Balls Deep'! The new pics give a good perspective of the boats size on that sweet triple axle. How big is the step down into the cabin going to be? To me, the cabin appears proportionally small on the big hull. I think something up top is a good idea.

And I want her to look as big as she can in the water, I’m hoping the bigger she looks the more people get out of my way when trolling,

This build is the definition of 'Balls Deep'! The new pics give a good perspective of the boats size on that sweet triple axle. How big is the step down into the cabin going to be? To me, the cabin appears proportionally small on the big hull. I think something up top is a good idea.
The original step down into the cabin from the deck is a whopping 26” with 2 stairs, there is also a 2” lip for the door.

It’s going to between 6-8” lower than that. The lower I go the more space I lose under the deck

The flybridge thing I don't personally like and I have always wanted to get rid of it on my boat. But the wife likes it so it stays and sitting up there at dock or on the hook is just more space on deck. It has also worked well when some one just sits up there and drives when fishing. The really though is most of the time its just storage

What's going on with the underside of the roof? Why does it look like a massive jigsaw puzzle?
I guess they had to lay it down like that to keep the curve of the roof. I noticed anywhere the surface isn’t flat they used this technique
Perforated headliner is going on top, it will be mounted to some 1/4 strips that I still need to mount to the roof

I guess they had to lay it down like that to keep the curve of the roof. I noticed anywhere the surface isn’t flat they used this technique
Perforated headliner is going on top, it will be mounted to some 1/4 strips that I still need to mount to the roof
Ahh that makes sense. There's a build somewhere on this forum of a guy chiseling every individual piece out of the underside of the cuddy roof, also a curved surface. Checks out!

Back