Commander 26 Re Build

Sweeeet set up !!! Love it, and you got another boat pokin it’s head out,
How did you get to keep 2 boats without the wife noticing? I need to figure this out in the next few months….. for a friend
It’s easy, just stick 2 horses in the yard. I also “built” mine during a house build so there was so much money flying out of my account already, I don’t think either of us even noticed.

Yeah I get it, the storage is nice for longer trips. It’s also a giant job to drop it so I don’t blame you. I’ve got my riggers mounted to the rails on some aluminum plates. I also mounted a rigging table to the rail which is really nice .
View attachment 76205
Not to derail but can you get a shot of that dr mount from the other side? I need some more re-enforcement too my rail mounted DR now that I'm running 18lbers.

Dropping the deck never crossed my mind. I don’t mind the higher deck, I’m used to it. And I will loose storage space. We have plans of putting bikes under the deck and exploring islands with kids. We can put all our traps and everything out of the way. I hate having my deck covered in gear before we drop it for the day. Also the commander 26 is perfect !!!!! The deck height is one of the reasons I got here, It’s possible for my 100lbs dog to get up and down from the flybridge… safely, with my help
I agree they are perfect, and I haven't even been on one yet. As I trip over coolers and traps. This photo made me think of the beam and space you boys have.Screen Shot 2022-03-09 at 3.04.57 PM.png

Fuel tank is back from repair. We installed it the first time , foamed it in, looks awesome! I step on the tank and hear a pop, step back on the other side and pop again. Tank is flexing. Now I’m not comfortable with it.
Need to find a repair for this, was told to try to tap the edge with a sledge and form it into place, I tapped it once and thought to myself what the f are you doing? So a smash the edge with a sledge and crack the tank, send it back to my guy , apologized and told him to fix it.
Worked out great in the end, tank is solid , reinforced and I also got a tab welded on for a ground strap.
Picked up some hardware for the Pod, 188 stainless. Was recommended 1/2 bolts, seems to small so I went with 5/8. I gotta say I’m still not happy with them and thinking going 3/4. I m just not sure if my heavy duty instincts are kicking in.
Also before the pod goes on here are some pics inside. Pod is 1/4 all around with the motor mounting 3/8. It is also fully reinforced inside and is heavvvy, not sure if that’s a good thing, cutting weight is good?!?!? 8D7FB1A6-8920-4DE5-879D-DDBFB7CF580A.jpeg3CABBD9F-6258-4A21-B3C5-B31A6762B840.jpegC289CA39-06B8-4D7C-A9A3-61C7ABEFD4C0.jpegDAC5CA73-1A5B-4714-A78D-ADDCDC1D90D7.jpegE602E409-E654-4CAE-A9EA-02A722F3D287.jpeg

Man I love these threads so much!
I will try to post everyday! I hate waiting days for a update when I’m following someone’s threads. Again thanks to everyone that posted there projects before me, with out you guy there is nooooo way I would be posting this. I wish there was more progress but I have to juggle this pesky thing called work!

Fuel tank is back from repair. We installed it the first time , foamed it in, looks awesome! I step on the tank and hear a pop, step back on the other side and pop again. Tank is flexing. Now I’m not comfortable with it.
Need to find a repair for this, was told to try to tap the edge with a sledge and form it into place, I tapped it once and thought to myself what the f are you doing? So a smash the edge with a sledge and crack the tank, send it back to my guy , apologized and told him to fix it.
Worked out great in the end, tank is solid , reinforced and I also got a tab welded on for a ground strap.
Picked up some hardware for the Pod, 188 stainless. Was recommended 1/2 bolts, seems to small so I went with 5/8. I gotta say I’m still not happy with them and thinking going 3/4. I m just not sure if my heavy duty instincts are kicking in.
Also before the pod goes on here are some pics inside. Pod is 1/4 all around with the motor mounting 3/8. It is also fully reinforced inside and is heavvvy, not sure if that’s a good thing, cutting weight is good?!?!? View attachment 76214
there was a pod job on the forum somewhere prior and the builder (sorry cant remember) went into detail about what size bolts to use and why , test strength etc...maybe someone remembers, might be some good info for you , keep the pics coming !!

there was a pod job on the forum somewhere prior and the builder (sorry cant remember) went into detail about what size bolts to use and why , test strength etc...maybe someone remembers, might be some good info for you , keep the pics coming !!
This one?

Awesome build. I'm not sure if i missed it reading through. Curious to know when you started the project.

This one?
Talk about people with skills @casper5280 ,
Wow, awesome, skills don’t come without experience

Awesome build. I'm not sure if i missed it reading through. Curious to know when you started the project.
Got this Beauty in November, by the time I got her to the shop and Christmas holidays and a game plan for the overhaul , it was January. At that time MY plan was to have her on the water by March. I had everything set up planned and timed. Well it didn’t go to plan, the weather was brutal, temperatures too low to glass, my tanks got delayed(weeks), because of that my pod start time got delayed. Then the pod was delayed(weeks), then the pod was too short,had to re do that, now my powder coating guy is on holidays, now Ron is looking that everything is getting delayed so he slows down, takes a few days off, add the fact that when ever anything gets delayed now a day s it’s so easy for everyone to say covid. Add my job , forgot about wife and kids…. And here we are.
I wouldn’t do it any other way or change anything , I have had a blast and been able to use and give work to so many people in my inner circle with this project. Every part of the boat I love and every part will mean something to me personally.
That said , my goal was realistic but didn’t happen. Next goal is to have her on the water by the first week of May

Back