Commander 26 Re Build

Hell ya!!!! My boy Ron is the man!!!
First off, I love doing business with good people, people that care, people that have pride in their work, that’s the most important quality for me. Someone that Listens and understands the game plan before we even get started
This guy fits all these criteria.
Pm me for contact
Sorry Ron is booked for the next month Lmao

I like this Sttr fella, he fits in around here just fine. You'll hear from more than a few of us looking to chase down Ron, I am sure of that!!

How about a shoutout to your glass guy?? Looks super well done, what are the plans for enclosing the deck?
First I want this fishing rod holder that’s built into the floor gone and glassed, I think I should have enough storage under the deck, and there are a few storage hatches, the deck has molded anti slip that Ron said he can make look mint… we will see. The back door was pretty simple, we just worked with the storage hatch that was already there, cut it flush on outter side, measured my dog to make sure he fits and the rest left to be a bait holder or whatever stinky crap the wife doesn’t want inside the boat. I will cut the lid to make it fit like a glove. Then it alll got reinforced with over 2” thick to stand on and tested by a 300 lbs guy. The boats seems more solid with this door.0B54F618-8C23-4787-8EA8-F1F4A860CF5E.jpegA42A7B32-F13F-4117-8337-28DBF9CA182B.jpeg9D53A507-D1E3-4F9C-89C6-C03311766B49.jpeg5FBAB36D-47E2-4A8C-BC81-F028AE43D864.jpegC3095849-1FB1-4747-91B6-70363C196D57.jpeg271F5DE4-75FA-40BF-BEA7-3B31916F8FFF.jpeg

Attachments

• A799A312-874A-4A47-B36A-523EFA56AE67.jpeg
    A799A312-874A-4A47-B36A-523EFA56AE67.jpeg
    276.7 KB · Views: 43
  • B794EB23-A963-49B6-8016-9C1424CB9644.jpeg
    B794EB23-A963-49B6-8016-9C1424CB9644.jpeg
    246.8 KB · Views: 41
Thanks for posting all the pics, it gives me a good idea of what’s under the floor when it comes time for me to do my tanks .
No problem, my pleasure, it was a challenge trying to figure it out the first time, made a couple cuts that maybe I shouldn’t of. That said I would kill this job if I had to do it again, pretty simple, but lot of work. The biggest challenge was the way they put the interior together, everything was fitted perfectly and there are a few hidden screws that have matching teak caps on them and they blend in very well. The bathroom also overlaps the fuel tank a few inches and as far as I can see there is no other way to remove it without removing the bathroom base and walls, dinette also needs to go.

What do you guys think about raising this ledge up 4” on both sides. The deck is very high and my knees dig into the edge when I’m leaning over. I’m a bit worried working riggers won’t be as comfortable. I would love to be able to lean my entire knee cap comfortably and flat surface. The height is very low at just over 20”C165271C-E3B8-4983-9B37-278CFAE80A2F.jpeg603B1751-2E0A-433B-A837-8793F801C56C.jpeg

Attachments

• 221BED01-7EFE-404A-B605-31918085BBD0.jpeg
    221BED01-7EFE-404A-B605-31918085BBD0.jpeg
    202.2 KB · Views: 86
  • D26243BB-BCD2-4281-B473-0DF22DD7399F.jpeg
    D26243BB-BCD2-4281-B473-0DF22DD7399F.jpeg
    157.2 KB · Views: 88
What do you guys think about raising this ledge up 4” on both sides. The deck is very high and my knees dig into the edge when I’m leaning over. I’m a bit worried working riggers won’t be as comfortable. I would love to be able to lean my entire knee cap comfortably and flat surface. The height is very low at just over 20”View attachment 76193View attachment 76192
Personally I would just go with a nice heavy duty railing, something heavy enough to mount a rigger plate to. Have the base for the rigger plate built in to the railing, but that’s just me. By the looks of it your glass guy is pretty solid so either way I’m sure you guys will make it look good.

What do you guys think about raising this ledge up 4” on both sides. The deck is very high and my knees dig into the edge when I’m leaning over. I’m a bit worried working riggers won’t be as comfortable. I would love to be able to lean my entire knee cap comfortably and flat surface. The height is very low at just over 20”View attachment 76193View attachment 76192
If you want to go all out, drop the deck. That’s my plan eventually if I keep my boat long term. It’s a big job.

I’d really consider dropping the floor down. Looks like your set up to do such a job. I think the lower back deck would make that boat awesome, it would feel way more comfortable out on the water being lower down, lower Center of gravity. Drop as close to possible and have smoother entry into the cabin.

Personally I would just go with a nice heavy duty railing, something heavy enough to mount a rigger plate to. Have the base for the rigger plate built in to the railing, but that’s just me. By the looks of it your glass guy is pretty solid so either way I’m sure you guys will make it look good.
x2 on the heavy railing with a couple @fisherdude style scotty rigger mounting plates..

Last edited:
Ok, let’s start with some current progress. Today’s plan is to work on the deck, set up hardware for pod installation, and prep plus maybe install the fuel tank… for the second time (tank had to come out again :(
Also need to back track a bit and Install a thru hull transducer, which I’m super excited to drill thru the hull myself, I ordered a 600w coming in Thursday, need to cut out some of Ron’s glass for access… sorry Ron

If you want to go all out, drop the deck. That’s my plan eventually if I keep my boat long term. It’s a big job.
Dropping the deck never crossed my mind. I don’t mind the higher deck, I’m used to it. And I will loose storage space. We have plans of putting bikes under the deck and exploring islands with kids. We can put all our traps and everything out of the way. I hate having my deck covered in gear before we drop it for the day. Also the commander 26 is perfect !!!!! The deck height is one of the reasons I got here, It’s possible for my 100lbs dog to get up and down from the flybridge… safely, with my help

x2 on the heavy railing with a couple @fisherdude style scotty rigger mounting plates..
So just raise the rail instead of the ledge eh, will take a good look and make a plan. I also want something higher up like a table somewhere, I don’t want to be bending over to bait up or change gear.

Dropping the deck never crossed my mind. I don’t mind the higher deck, I’m used to it. And I will loose storage space. We have plans of putting bikes under the deck and exploring islands with kids. We can put all our traps and everything out of the way. I hate having my deck covered in gear before we drop it for the day. Also the commander 26 is perfect !!!!! The deck height is one of the reasons I got here, It’s possible for my 100lbs dog to get up and down from the flybridge… safely, with my help
Yeah I get it, the storage is nice for longer trips. It’s also a giant job to drop it so I don’t blame you. I’ve got my riggers mounted to the rails on some aluminum plates. I also mounted a rigging table to the rail which is really nice .
1097DF54-E806-4CD7-9F3C-6C0485ED87B9.jpeg

Yeah I get it, the storage is nice for longer trips. It’s also a giant job to drop it so I don’t blame you. I’ve got my riggers mounted to the rails on some aluminum plates. I also mounted a rigging table to the rail which is really nice .
View attachment 76205
Sweeeet set up !!! Love it, and you got another boat pokin it’s head out,
How did you get to keep 2 boats without the wife noticing? I need to figure this out in the next few months….. for a friend

Back