Campbell River Reports 2012

Fished the the hump for about 4 hours today 1 under size. There was about 25 boats out there and I didn't see any nets out.

Fished the the hump for about 4 hours today 1 under size. There was about 25 boats out there and I didn't see any nets out.
Took the wife and kids out at 4:30. Did 3 drifts towards the hump, 3 fish. 23,18,13. Home by 6:30. Green gatorback, kinetic flasher. 230,190 feet. All just inside the tide rip.

No luck yesterday, 6-9pm fishin at 180feet. Caught a couple Ling Cod. East to west troll over the hump. Awesome view of a pod of Orca passing through though.

Last edited by a moderator:
Damn all this fishing talk is getting me exicted. I am new to the site and not getting to the area until mid July.
If you see a black thunderjet out there say hi.

Fished the hump this evening. We only got one cod, but did have a pod of orcas come within 100 ft. of our boat.

Sent from my iPhone when I should be fishing.

If you were in this boat here is some pics of you and the whales. Thursday night out by the red buoy
Not the highest resolution but turned out ok.

Attachments

• P1040830a.jpg
    P1040830a.jpg
    80.3 KB · Views: 158
  • P1040825a.jpg
    P1040825a.jpg
    90.5 KB · Views: 131
  • P1040827a.jpg
    P1040827a.jpg
    92 KB · Views: 138
  • P1040828a.jpg
    P1040828a.jpg
    91.9 KB · Views: 127
  • P1040829a.jpg
    P1040829a.jpg
    82.2 KB · Views: 125
Fished the hump today, first teenager in the boat @0600, 5" cop car spoon. Second
teenager in the boat 0830, on amy truck cuttle. Lots of bait showing on the hump.

Sorry no pictures, all by myself. ...............BB

Family day at teh hump on Sunday, four generations all out together, plus a family friend. Late start, as we were on baby/great-grandpa schedule. Gear in the water by tenish. What a beauty day out there. The forecast kept us south of the narrows(unnecessarily), but no complaints.

Fishing was slow to say the least. We scratched up one teener at about 1:45. Saw a few others taken. And there was one little bite where a few around us seemed to hoop up. But of the 10,000,000 boats out there I'd say we were in the running for top rod. Green spatterback, soft serve flasher, 170' on the rigger in 170' water.

Great day. Too bad we forgot to get a family pic.

Any action in the Browns/Deep Water area?

BB early morning flood bite was good, course we didn't get there till it was over and the rest of the day was quiet. Saw a few nice ones at the table as we were putting in. Not sure about the evening, we left at 5. Did scrape up a nice ling though.

Brown's Bay area gave up 2 springs to us yesterday..22.7 & 10.12...Both around 100 ft mark...army truck and herring.
Wind was up last nite and made for a poor end to a great day.

Pretty decent night bite tonight. Got out around 5:30 bonked a 10 or so by 6:00, trolled around for another cpl of hours and killed another in the high teens. maybe 20 ish. Seen quite a few nets, lots of boats. FACK IT WAS HOT on the water till the wind picked up to cool us down.

Great after work slay

Lorne

fished 12-8 started at sentry shoal then hit the cr hump, lost one at the boat, saw lots of boats and nets, lots of feed around... beauti day out there.
i hope i have better luck tomorrow..

Good morning at the hump. Lots of boats and the bite was on around 8-9. Lots of nets and action.
We found a very nice 20+ at 190' with army truck and green flasher.

GS

Talked to a guy from Terasen I think claiming his boat hit 3 tyees 1 morning off the hump (must have been within a day or two) - anyone heard any such story, or was it just gas station fish tales?

Talked to a guy from Terasen I think claiming his boat hit 3 tyees 1 morning off the hump (must have been within a day or two) - anyone heard any such story, or was it just gas station fish tales?

There is big fish out there right now. Defintely not impossible.

Pretty sure I know who that was, my buddy, think they weighed them and it was 28, 29, and 24 in one night

There have been some big fish out there for the last couple of weeks. Got a 38lber on july 1 .And theres been quite a few tyee hitting the Painters Dock lately. Most from the south end. But also a couple from the north end Tightlines snowwhite

First Chinook salmon ever for me last night. just long enough to keep but sure a good catch. 160 feet of water right at the bottom on purple haze with a blue meanie hootchie. Water around the hump. Lots of small rockfish too.

Back