Campbell River Reports 2012

That might have been us. We were in a 2359 Trophy. One other boat aruound when we arrived but it left just after we arrived.

We're considering going to the Stuart, Denham, Hall Point area next week. I've heard third hand that it has been really slow around there this summer. Anybody been there recently that could give me an update?

Who cares about those slime balls@!

Now Lorne-- be nice or you will get sent to your room without supper LOL Just defrosted my last piece of smoked pink from last year. I get all sorts of kudos about the pinks I smoke, just remember to bleed and gut or fillet and ice while on the water and they make a superior product. I also love the action when chasing schools with a hot pink buzzbomb. So I ask again--- any reports of numbers at Greensea or Rock Bay???? Tanx in Advance

Cheers
Me

Pulled two off the hump today ,They running deep ,hit them at 260,Made for a long reel in .Lost a hailbit beside the boat dam reel got stuck .But it was all good .

We're considering going to the Stuart, Denham, Hall Point area next week. I've heard third hand that it has been really slow around there this summer. Anybody been there recently that could give me an update?

Was there a couple of weeks ago. Few fish to be had but you have to work for them. Hall point was good to us.

My buddy is staying up a Sonora Resort (Lucky Guy) just got in from his day of fishing and sent me a text. Hall Point 4 spring 1 pink. Biggest spring 21lbs,
He said the guide was pretty happy with the catch today said it has been really slow and the fish they are catching have no size.
Good luck.
Leftcoast

Caught 2 springs in the trench west of the hump last night. Both fish released, about 10lbs each. One on blue menie, the other on cop car and flasher.

So What am I doing wrong?

I am wondering if someone can perhaps point me in the right direction if I am not already doing the right thing. My efforts this year so far at the Hump have wielded zero fish and I thought I would ask around. The past few times I have been out there have been quite a few fish boated, which adds to the frustration. Generally I try to fish where the other boats are, this is my first fishing season in the Campbell River area and I am not 100% sure on the specific's of the local hot spots. My depths on the down riggers are usually from 180' to 250'. Terminal tackle switches between cop car spoon, blue meanie, rock star and white/glow hootchies, behind a green or iridescent blue flasher. Am I doing anything wrong here or am I on the right track. My gut feeling is I am not deep enough. What wight of cannon balls do you guys usually run?

Cheers and thanks for your time and input

I run 12 and 15 lb cannon balls, one big trick I learned trying to fish here is to go with the tides, if your downrigger lines are at more than a 50 degree angle your either going to fast or the wrong way, a good trick is to follow the group of boats, on an ebb tide I usually start fishing way out past the hump more toward middlenatch, maybe a kilometer or two, and troll toward the western tip of the hump, if its a flood i generally reverse that, start at the hump and head south, heading toward middlenatch. Your depths and lure choice seem fine.
Good luck

Back