Campbell River Reports 2012

Cograts on the fish, now that you got the first one out of the way you better get a vacume packer as they will come easier from now on!

Tookh Lorne and his father Jeff this morn and bagged three in the twentys beauty morning fish really enjoyed my first trip out with Lorne and his Pops have a good flight back to Ontario Jeff. Green Hornet was workin good!! Took GLG Tortuga and Chad out Friday and Bagged 4 nice Springs biggest 25 Lbs reeled in by GLG. Thanks for having us Comox guys up your way. You guys are welcome to Kitty any time!

Brown's Bay>North

Has anyone tried fishing up North at browns or green sea??

Wind wind and more wind....6 days out...2 good days fishing....one 22 lbd red one....1 11 lbd red one.

got 3 nice ling...a few rocks that made for great dinner....
Brown's resort is great...met lots of interesting people...I'd recomend it to anyone...just watch the wind for fishing.

Now cruise ship watching with good optics is better than fishing in crap water any day....cocktails and a good chair are marvelous...

Tookh Lorne and his father Jeff this morn and bagged three in the twentys beauty morning fish really enjoyed my first trip out with Lorne and his Pops have a good flight back to Ontario Jeff. Green Hornet was workin good!! Took GLG Tortuga and Chad out Friday and Bagged 4 nice Springs biggest 25 Lbs reeled in by GLG. Thanks for having us Comox guys up your way. You guys are welcome to Kitty any time!

Thanks for the trip sir!!

Had a blast.

Lorne

Bob is home safe

600036_10151891459415162_1717155672_n.jpg

Went out last night to the hump and bonked three and released an undersize. Nothing big a couple of 10 pounders and about a 13 pounder. Got them just after sunset. 200 feet, Jack smith hootchie at the hump.

Who makes the Jack Smith hootchie? Nice too see the fish are still around. Off to Stuart Island on Friday. Anyone been up that way recently?

Thanks Duffer. I will be checking it out as the wife just loves it up there. If fishing is slow we can always make our way down on our side and try Browns Bay and the hump before cutting across to PR.

It is a beautiful place I love it up there wish I was there permenantly!! My son guides up there so I could pm u with updates if u want. Instead of going to Browns Bay to fish from there I would try Green Sea and Chatham? Fishing might pick up by Friday up there who knows.

It is a beautiful place I love it up there wish I was there permenantly!! My son guides up there so I could pm u with updates if u want. Instead of going to Browns Bay to fish from there I would try Green Sea and Chatham? Fishing might pick up by Friday up there who knows.

That would be great. Otherwise I will try the regulars. Lawrence Pt, Log Dump Denham and Hall. If it is slow and I do make the corner and return on the ECVI I will try Green Sea and Chatham for sure thx.

fished the evening tide bagged a 15# army truck apex 160ft. tonnes of bait in the water lots of boats and nets flying around.
it was a white spring with large herring in the belly. great nite at the hump!

Awesome night. Bagged a 26 lb Chinook, took a bit to get it in the boat but oh what a feeling. Lost some gear though, 30lbs of lead on the bottom tonight. Off bottom is better than on the bottom. Purple haze flasher with a blue meanie lure at 225 feet in 230 feet of water. Somewhere close to red buoy.

Fish out of Water, nice fish. Have to pull out the booms on the riggers and watch the cables on the turns. See lorne or FA for cannon balls, lol,............Bill

We made the circle tour last weekend. PR up to Stuart Island through Nodales to Green Sea around Cape Mudge to Baker Passage and home. A few fish were caught but we really had to work for them. On Saturday the wife caught a 23 & a 10 at Hall Pt. Sunday the skies opened up as we were trolling Green Sea. As the rain is bouncing off the water wife looks over and says, "Next fish is yours". LOL. She is catching on pretty quick. Manage a couple more in the rain to finish up. The fishing was probably better closer to town but that's not what it is all about. Another week and it is off to the Broughton's. Hopefully the weather improves again.

Sunday the skies opened up as we were trolling Green Sea. As the rain is bouncing off the water wife looks over and says, "Next fish is yours". LOL. She is catching on pretty quick. Manage a couple more in the rain to finish up. The fishing was probably better closer to town but that's not what it is all about.

My Gal and I were at Green Sea on Sunday morning before and during the rain. We were there 1st thing in am, only one other boat that left after tide changed. Seiner the Western Brave made a set for 1-2 fish and then left too. 2 boats showed up just when we picked up to leave...maybe one of them was you folks? We fished day before never saw anyone land anything but us and it was a 25 lb ling and a rock monster.
Packed up from Elk Bay and moved to Stella Lake for some R & R. We had our pick of the sites as everyone left thanks to rain. Next day went for a drive to Little Bear Bay, no one there either. Stopped at Rock Bay talked to a fella said fishing has been slow and weather damn lousy...windy!! There wasn't many pics of salmon on the trophy board at Rock Bay. Headed back to Stella for weinie roast, nap, and then back home...great time, love to visit that country.

Back