North of the narrows late Aug

Magdelena

Hey all,

My brother and I are headed north of campbell river from the 21st-27th of August planning on fishing hard for the time were there out of our 16' double eagle. tying up leaders and getting stuff ready.. reading reports of years past has me chomping at the bit to get the troll on. I have fished up there around the same time every year (usually only a day or 2 guided) so Im somewhat familiar with the area. We're planning on fishing chatham, green seas and thurston but might try hall point or denham bay.. if the action is slow at the other spots.. just curious about info on the area and potential other spots to target chinook in surrounding areas. gonna be the usual hoochies & bait show off bottom im thinking.... but lets hear what the jury has to say

Frederick Arm, scrape the wall east side into the small bay and to the old pizza hut side, right rod to shore, usual deal...particularly if Denham is full.

My son and I just got back from a 2 1/2 week trip up & down the coast. We had insane luck with Springs off Quadra trolling the 100-150' contour dragging hoochies and spoons at 65-85' all the way from Rebecca Spit south to the green can by Wilby Shoals - it was nonstop catch & release action in the 15-30lb range. We had a good time with ling and bottom fish at Cortes from the Gorge to Mansons Landing at all the pinnacles and ledges not to mention what a beautiful area it is. Not sure if you'll have the same luck in late August. Good luck.

The wall just north of Browns Bay can be good. West side of the strait, pretty much turn the corner headed north and you'll see the fleet. Close run from the launch.

Back