Browns Bay Reports?

OK...Brian are you going to take me on Monday?Bub would like to come as well...As we both want to know why you out fish every other person. It's amazing.....

Last edited by a moderator:
Today everyone did well. Seen almost every boat come out with limits if they're using the right stuff.
Even the guy who bought the Jaxon boat that was sitting in Merville and hadn't fished in three years took a limit home in their boat. Wasn't just my boat today. The bite just seemed to be on heavy, and lasted a long time. We had so many doubles it was actually getting stupid. Just one of those days I imagine, but there was plenty of fish today.
There was probably 30 boats in deepwater and the schools of fish were huge, because everyone's rods were going off. OBMG had at least six boats in the mix, same thing, limits.

Sunday is supposed to be sun, if you're looking for a window.

I have a photo of the full rack of fish from today.

What I did today first was drop a pink / black squirt (The one's on the counter at tyee marine), and a pink / blue. The pink / black went port at 60 at first and the pink / blue went starboard at 82. Had two fish on the pink / blue at 82, so pulled the pink / black, swapped for pink / blue off port, and went 72 with it and it was a gong show.
I forgot to mention in my top post.. 33" leaders.

Now that being said, I am aware of some people moaning in the background on this site, because I share info on the fish, whats, working, and how and where I am catching, but my take is this. If I am able to help others catch fish by any knowledge I gain in my adventures, then to me, that is a success. It's my gained knowledge, I am sharing, not knowledge shared to me by others. To me it's no different than you turning on your TV on a Saturday, to a sportfishing show, and gaining some tips and info, thinking "Whooo I'd love to fish there" .. I don't believe in being a greedy fish *******. I know certain people's reasoning for not wanting to share "their" information, and I understand and respect that. All I can say further about this, is that sometimes on a Saturday morning, one of the fishing shows you watch, has been adventured and filmed on my advice / locations on a particular network. For every person who doesn't like my advice / info, I probably get three or four thank you pm's so that makes it worthwhile. I, also like everyone else, have a few secret spots I will share with absolutely no one. My kids will be lucky to ever see some of my spots, I hold dear. I have been posting about a very common area in this thread that has been commercialized since long before I began fishing it. It's nothing new to see every boat on the water there, so all I'm doing is making sure those going, catch fish.

Anyways. Good luck everyone fishing this weekend.

12.jpg

There you go :)
BB Needs more hooks. Some had to be doubled .

Nice one, wish I was out there and keep the reports coming.
GLG

Thanks guys. To me, I have time to fish, and it doesn't cost alot, but to many of you with bigger rigs, who can only fish weekends and stuff, I'm trying to save you fuel, time, and improper gear purchases with my info lol. Soon (As of next week), I'll be busy in life again doing the slave and grind like all of you now that they've delayed my surgery, so I'm trying to make the best of the little time off left. I may go out Sunday yet.

I know much of the reasoning for some people not liking info sharing is fears of DFO catching wind where the fish are being caught heavily, and the fear that DFO may close that down, but to me that thought is a double edged sword. The info could also be used by DFO to maintain that opening knowing the fish are strong in a particular run. If no one talks, then surely they are not actually able to gather any of the info they really need to keep openings open. In doing so by not sharing info and talking, people may be by accident shooting themselves in the foot, because DFO by nature would likely assume all stocks are low unless they're able to see otherwise. It's not like DFO has much going other than the odd contracted test fisheries.

The other complaint is the number of boats when reports are made...
That being said, I simply say learn to drive, and follow the tack.
There's something to be said about more flashers in the water anyways, and it appears to work.

I talked to a friend, who is not a forum member that fished BB yesterday and they limited (8) no problem..Now I just have to get there myself!

I talked to a friend, who is not a forum member that fished BB yesterday and they limited (8) no problem..Now I just have to get there myself!

I think almost every boat must have limited. It was actually quite incredible how many rods were bouncing / nets flying, over and over again.

That being said it's all possible too that this was just an exceptional day, and today, could be crap. I can't promise fish, only that I know they are there, and I know what's working when they are strong and hitting.

Made it out yesterday for some chum action. Solid numbers of chum at Deepwater. Pretty much the same as what FishBC said except 33" leaders weren't the ticket for us. They wouldn't touch our gear till our leaders were 48" and then it was none stop. Go get em !!!!!!!!!!!

Made it out yesterday for some chum action. Solid numbers of chum at Deepwater. Pretty much the same as what FishBC said except 33" leaders weren't the ticket for us. They wouldn't touch our gear till our leaders were 48" and then it was none stop. Go get em !!!!!!!!!!!

Weird lol. We measured up before we fired the boat up 33" but they wouldn't touch the pink / black for us. 33" and pink blue worked well. We threw out about 20 pulls before the clip on, and slowed right down.
I think speed is a factor too.. Anything one can do to get the gear slowed to a crawl I believe is the ticket. A couple of the bigger boats must have been tuna fishing at the speed they were heading. The "pack" was pretty considerate to each other all day. The only thing I saw out of place was one cuddy come roaring in full speed right through the pack, and beyond into the bay before dropping gear. Either it was deliberate, or the person's mind was in space. That was the only stupid thing I saw. Especially when there was some tiny tin boats out.

Brian/.ORG are we going on Monday?

Monday wife's working and daycare is closed (Holiday for the kids), Tues headed to Nanaimo for shop supplies, Wed shes on call but if she doesn't get a call by 10 am Wed, it works for me. If you have your drawing ready for Wed that would be good. I can get that done before the week's out. Wed is looking like my best day. Don't think I'm going to get out tomorrow unless a miracle happens.

Would like to fish BB on monday, I have never launched a boat there. I take it that is where you launch if you are going to fish deep water bay. Does it get really busy lauching ? or is it better to run up from CR?

I've yet to see the launch completely swamped there. Most I've seen is three in line. I imagine derby weekend would be different.

Hey qb fisherman keep an eye out when you launch for the concrete slabs on the sides of the ramp that continue into the water. I have seen a few people loose props on them.

Back