Browns Bay Reports?

well its raining, gonna wait till Sunday for chum fishing. Friggin weather havent been out for 3 weeks really got the itch!

It was nice out there today. Not sure where it was raining lol.
Saw quite a few boats boating chum. I didn't get out until 1 pm.
See the humpback is still around.

it was raining at my place in the am, then it cleared up!!!! o well the boats ready to go for the morning. Catch any nice coho's today ??

I didn't get much fishing done. Was mostly out there for a meeting. Today I am headed out but won't be on the water until about 12:30 ish. I run on channel 12.

fishing sucked for me! no salmon, saw a few caught but not many. A whole lotta seiners heading north, gotta be good for sporties.

fishing sucked for me! no salmon, saw a few caught but not many. A whole lotta seiners heading north, gotta be good for sporties.
Sorry to hear that. Fishing may have been off today. It was slow for me yesterday when I went for another test fish.
Did you try fishing in the pack as all those flashers from other boats seems to help sometimes.
I also find if you slow down as much as possible that can help also.
If others are hitting fish and you are not you need to change things up.
The biggest tip I can give you is to ask other fishermen what depth they are hitting at.
9 times out of 10 they will gladly tell you. I have been asked and have always answered.
The depth seems to change depending on the time of day and the water conditions.

One more point would be that sometimes you can't buy a fish. I know as I get skunked too.
GLG

Ya talked to lots of guys and luck was just not on my side today, had a couple of hits. We were in the pack but it wasn't on fire by any means ( that helps to ensure speed is right) It was great getting out there though, a few crabs made their way into my trap so not at total loss. Try it again next weekend!!

I think there's alot more fish to come in there yet. Bit early perhaps.
Fish the other side on the wall for pinks, and coho if the chums aren't biting I guess.
There was a 30 lb spring taken there two days ago, I was told so they're still there too.

Wow..So many mixed reports..Thinking I should just stay home.....Hey, .org for 3 months you have said you are catching fish and that you are going to take me out..When is that going to happen?

I will be looking for your boat soon enough......

Wow..So many mixed reports..Thinking I should just stay home.....Hey, .org for 3 months you have said you are catching fish and that you are going to take me out..When is that going to happen?

I will be looking for your boat soon enough......

Yeah haven't really been out much late Owen. Been busy with stuff to do with the shop, doctors etc. I think been lucky to have been out twice in last couple of weeks. Both times were talking business so it's been hectic. The one trip was pinks, a few coho, and a couple chum, but this last one, absolutely nothing, but didn't get out on the water until the afternoon, and looked like we missed the bite. Surgery has been delayed a bit so probably going back to work for a bit to finish up some stuff. When you headed out?

fished Sat at Greensea...boated 8 and lost probably 20. Sunday morning started at Deepwater, boated 5 then it died off. Headed to Plumper for the afternoon and it went off. 30 boats and at times it seemed every boat had fish on. Boated 7 for our limit and lost about the same. Countess soft hits that didn't stick.
Disappointing night on the town in CR...think I might open a weight watchers franchise there...
Saw probably 20 seiners heading north.
One of the king crab boats passed heading north...didn't catch the name but wasn't one of the big names on tv.

oh ya...and hooked into some beauty coho Sat at Greensea...all wild :(
One big hooked nosed brute of about 16 lbs almost got the club before we realized he wasn't a chum...close call for that one!

Was at the shop all day moving stuff around.
I don't even need to ask if you caught fish lol.

Last edited by a moderator:
Fish BB two days ago for two days. I would go to Port Renfrew if it was me. Plus with the commy opening in the straights. One day there was a couple of fish the next day all we could catch was the od pink and unclipped small coho.

Close to 30 of us heading to BB for a family style Thanksgiving weekend. Camping and fishing.
3 boats, fishing in shifts LOL
What is that about commies opening?
Don't want egg on my face with skunked boats after the bragging I've been doing!!!
Tuning up for the derby.
Smiley.

We were at BB- Monday nite thru wednesday morning. Monday nite at Plumper there were lots of fish on the sounder and there was a small troller out ( the kind that fishes with hook and lines). They did a number of sets and oddly enough whenever we were near them we seemed to get hits on our lines - seems like the 50-100 flashers they used really get the fished stirred up and biting - maybe just my imagination. Tuesday there were no commies and we got fish at both bays. Wednesday morning at Deepwater there were 6 seiners out using nets - within an hour or there were no fish showing on the sounder and were had no hits....the only area showing fish was further north along Quadra but we were out of time.

Wet Spot

29 Chum in 4.5 hours today. (Deepwater) 3 of us Limited at 12, kept releasing thereafter.
Nets flying everywhere. An indication of the gong show to come. Saw one lone commie boat, looking afraid to get near the pack.
Fishing 72 and 82 .... Green flasher, small pink squirt with dark blue streaks.
Lots of doubles.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back