Browns Bay Reports?

LOL, is that your new CB handle FA ?

Anyways, I screamed at a lot of OBMG guides today, asking don't you know that deepwater bay is closed, and they all replied, yes it's closed. So I said, why are you and all your brethren very much over the fishing closure line into deepwater? No reply, they just drifted off into the 'over the line mass'. Is that really necessary just to catch a limit of pinks? At one point I counted over 20 boats well into the bay. They sure scattered once the gendarmes showed up, but didn't see anyone charged. TONS of pinks up there, but one must look 'deep' into oneself to clean your socks.

Sorry, don't have a CB.

Called you many of times yesterday Lazoman on my VHF. Did you have your radio turned off?

Oh....Fishing sucked. Lots of cat food around. Lost a couple of springs...AGAIN. No socks.

You were screaming @ OBMG....I was screaming at Sonora Lodge Boats up north. Seems they like to fish were ever they like. Couldn't even tell you how many times they cut me off. Next time I have this problem with them I am going to pull my tackle and start riggering them till they come to realize that they don't own the water and start fishing like the rest of the pack of boats. Maybe the guide needs to start running the boat and not their guests. I wonder if the guest even has a PCOC?

I fished Deepwater and greensea yesterday, never had to scream at anyone, life's too short, I enjoyed the day - 2 springs, 1 sockeye, bunch of pinks, kept 3, and a few coho released. Great day, everyone seemed to be having a good one.

Lost a real screamer today.. Not much you can do when it spools you. Two undersize spring. Bunch of pinks. No sox. A few nice hits on the anchovie but nothing big that would stay on.

"Not much you can do when it spools you"

errrrr- chase it????

Was attempting to, but the rod being used, the person had a knot about mid spool, that I didn't know he had.. He only had usage of about half the line. (At least that's what he told me, but by looking, it looked to me like he had far too little line on the rod to begin with). I think from now on, no foreign rods on the boat. I keep my gear in pristine shape. Was a sad loss but there's always tomorrow. I had the boat turned around ready to chase right about when he hit the end of it. Probably could have turned around a bit quicker but there was alot of boats at the time all around us and a bit in the way to do so.

Last edited by a moderator:
Owen how many spare rods of your own do you pack?
I've got three only. What number do you recommend to pack with?.
I was thinking I should probably put in one more. Maybe gear two with some nice reels for myself, and friends I know, who know how to fish, and some mid level reels on the other two, for friends who are negotiable in fishing knowledge.
Hate to see an MR3 or something go over the side with someone who doesn't know exactly what they're doing.
Yeah after yesterday my friends are not allowed to bring their own.
Did you get your rig fixed up?

Last edited by a moderator:
I go with 4 rods. They should all be in great shape. Some time locally I only take 2-3 rods but many of times I wished that I had brought 4.

Friends should leave their rods and over sized tackle boxs at home.

Boat still broken.

I go with 4 rods. They should all be in great shape. Some time locally I only take 2-3 rods but many of times I wished that I had brought 4.

Friends should leave their rods and over sized tackle boxs at home.

Boat still broken.

Yeah you bet. Makes sense. Hopefully warranty fixes for you :(

Parker Marine does not seem to be able to deside on their own. They have to take pictures and send them off to be considered for warranty work. Then 3 days just to get the parts in.

No fishing for me. May as well start talking about toasters and tampons.

What a load of bull.. It's not like you beat your stuff up. Something like that should be fixed no questions even asked.

Back