Browns Bay Reports?

just worried about gravel rash on your boat, but if it doesn't bug you none, we can surely go..

Dude I run the dam boat into ramps, rocks etc...all the time. Gravel roads are nothing for my boat. As long as there are welders out there my boat will be just fine. Might have to grind out some of the rough spots out of these day before I lose my fish of a life time when it shoots under the boat and cut off on one of the nicks.

Was that you I was chatting with in the cream coulored aluminum with a rental logo on the side at deepwater on saturday? I was in a 26 Olympic

Naw wasn't me lawman. Been a few weeks since I was able to get out now. Been in and out of the hospital for a few weeks. Last I was out was I think three Fri / Sat ago?

Fairly quiet night at BB. Folks catching mostly pinks, and a few springs, some dark. A few jumpers around deepwater, but very quiet on that side.

Fairly quiet night at BB. Folks catching mostly pinks, and a few springs, some dark. A few jumpers around deepwater, but very quiet on that side.

Put 5 undersized springs back yesterday (2 inches too short mostly), brought one good keeper, not a monster, but perfect for BBQ. I too saw everyone else fishing for the pinks / sox but didn't bother. Stayed fishing for springs. Had one screamer but lost it.

Decided to give a try today. Hit the water by about 7:45- 8am. Started off quick with A hit and a miss. Re-set and hit a nice sized pink right away. That was followed by a decent sox then released a coho.
Then the hit to stick ratio got really ugly! Think we went 0 for 6 in a row. We managed 1 more pink and 1 more sox for the day. Our boat just shut of in the afternoon. We did see fish being caught around us but we were snake bit for the last 2-3 hours. Most we talked to were into pinks so it was good for us to hit some sox.

There was some periods of action but it was not steady and one after another from what we could see.
Fished mainly deep water and up the wall a bit.

Nice day and four fish for icing so no complaints.

Cheers: Ray

hit B.B on the 18th brought in 7 pinks in 1 sockeye and a spring, lost 8 on top that, trying tomorrow as long as she doesn't blow up

phoned a buddy from work this a.m., we've always talked about getting out together fishing,he hadn't been fishing in 12yrs, launched in CR and headed north, stoped in at Greensea, not much happening, so headed up Johnstone Strait, found the fish and lots of them, got him into double, triple and quadruple headers of both pinks and sockeye, there were schools of them heading south all day..... to say the least, he said he had the best day he's ever had out fishing, and the weather....sunny and flat calm for as far as a person wanted to go today
sdrool.gif
...does it get any better?..I don't think so
scheers.gif

edit...stacked lines at 16ft apart on riggers and set them down to 49ft ..fish were at all depths in between even hit them when hooking second line onto rigger...green and red flashers with sockeye hootchies

my #1 tip for pinks and sockeye..if you dont see them on the surface...go look for them

Last edited by a moderator:
Groundhog day today for me
scool.gif
..headed back up to do it all over again..hit Greensea after launching in CR.. fished there for less than 1hr,landed 1 spring(12lbs) in the first few mins at 35ft, had a few double headers of pinks, but not alot of ''sign'' of any fish..had a b.s.with D.''Ripper''
scool.gif
and then headed north again...cruised Little Bear but nothing showing, so headed even further up Johnstone, ended up at ''Bear Bight'' with the masses of fish, again filled the tub with pinks and a couple of sockeye and 1 spring, pinks were big, maybe Fraser fish I'm guessing?? again calm waters with a bit of showers, what a great way to spend a weekend off from work..

Was there for just an hour or so yesterday, passing through in my sailboat, but landed 1 sockeye on a surface line, and 2 pink at about 50'. I'm probably sailing back without my kids for another try this afternoon..

We had lings, spring, pinks, coho and socks to the boat today.

Some of the coho were 10-15#'s and the lings were about the same.

Back